Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Anything we can do to stop the money hungry machine that is AZGFD?

/>btw it was 1 million wasted on TRAVEL by AZGFD. not just a total of one million all round.

Agreed it is probably way more than 1 million wasted. This audit was a limited one and not for the entire budget and agency...

• Like 1

I believe game and fish are the only government agency that I know that seems to make a profit and is supporting financially other agencies.. how much is a new truck now days loaded with all of the accessories? 35-60k..they are getting new trucks every couple years...how about use that money to hire new field personnel? Or give the ones employed a raise...lots of money being made. Lots of waste...and Becker even though I don't believe a private company running a public resource is the answer..I guarantee a private company would be more efficient...one of the only problems I see with g&f is the lack of accountability to anyone...

• Like 1

Snapshot if you had bothered going to any of the meetings when they were discussing the increase you would have seen their justification. I don't agree with all they they do, however if this was controlled by a private company only the rich would hunt. The prices in the private world would be driven by what people were willing to pay and there's enough money out there to drive some stupid prices for the tags we have in this state.

I quit going to the meetings. The last 2 that I attended some years back left a sour taste in my mouth. They were run by arrogant comissioners who didn't want to be there in the first place, and they didn't seem to care much about Sportsman opinion. Some guys even got up and walked out. "Dog and Pony show" comes to mind.

Maybe that has changed a little? I don't really know.

• Like 2

I see a number of posts stating "AZ is still a heck of a lot cheaper then a lot of states". So for your edification, I'll repost this:

AZ

Deer $58

Elk$148

Antelope$103

NM

Deer $42

Elk $91 bull $61 cow

Antelope $61

UT

Deer $40

Elk $50

Antelope $55

CO

Deer $31

Elk $46

Antelope $31

NV

Deer $30

Elk $120

Antelope $60

WY

Deer $38

Elk $52

Antelope $33

ID

Deer $19.75

Elk $30.75

Antelope $31.25

MT

Deer $16

Elk $20

Antelope $19

So, how affordable are we compared to other western states?

• Like 6

Excellent post Mr Smith. People love to spout off about things, but when the facts are laid out it gets real quiet.

• Like 4

When I was in Montana, a resident could get a Sportsman license, It included Deer, Elk, Bear, Small game, upland bird hunting, fishing, and conservation fees for $85.00. Excellent deal for a resident.

Spouting off?

Excellent post Mr Smith. People love to spout off about things, but when the facts are laid out it gets real quiet.

Spout off really,

I see a number of posts stating "AZ is still a heck of a lot cheaper then a lot of states". So for your edification, I'll repost this:

AZ

Deer $58

Elk$148

Antelope$103

NM

Deer $42

Elk $91 bull $61 cow

Antelope $61

UT

Deer $40

Elk $50

Antelope $55

CO

Deer $31

Elk $46

Antelope $31

NV

Deer $30

Elk $120

Antelope $60

WY

Deer $38

Elk $52

Antelope $33

ID

Deer $19.75

Elk $30.75

Antelope $31.25

MT

Deer $16

Elk $20

Antelope $19

If you want to hunt Utah,comparable to Kaibab, or the Stirp it's $463.00 to $563.00

What about Archery Elk in New Mexico, compared to units 5.6.7.8.9 and 10 in az i think it's around $750.00

Comparing resident rates to non-resident rates isn't what is at issue here. We as residents are getting shafted when compared to other western states. I'm not a trophy hunter so I could give a rip about hunting the Kaibab or Paunsaugunt and I certainly wouldn't pay extra to hunt a "premium" unit. Also, my numbers are from the respective states regulation books. Please, if you are going to rebut with numbers, take the time to actually look them up instead of "I think".

Spouting off?

Spout off really,

AZ

Deer $58

Elk$148

Antelope$103

NM

Deer $42

Elk $91 bull $61 cow

Antelope $61

UT

Deer $40

Elk $50

Antelope $55

CO

Deer $31

Elk $46

Antelope $31

NV

Deer $30

Elk $120

Antelope $60

WY

Deer $38

Elk $52

Antelope $33

ID

Deer $19.75

Elk $30.75

Antelope $31.25

MT

Deer $16

Elk $20

Antelope $19

If you want to hunt Utah,comparable to Kaibab, or the Stirp it's $463.00 to $563.00

What about Archery Elk in New Mexico, compared to units 5.6.7.8.9 and 10 in az i think it's around $750.00

not sure if serious? comparing non-res prices to resident, apples and oranges. why not throw the cost of hunting marco polo's to the cost of desert ram tag here

Yes my bad,i put in for a lot of states every year as a non resident,I wasn't looking at it from a resident to resident Price so I agree, I guess AZ is really high.I know people with kids it is tough to be able to put them all in you have a year to save the money even then it can be tough,it is

for me and my family.

• Like 3

/> Yes my bad,i put in for a lot of states every year as a non resident,I wasn't looking at it from a resident to resident Price so I agree, I guess AZ is really high.I know people with kids it is tough to be able to put them all in you have a year to save the money even then it can be tough,it is

for me and my family.

Hmm...

I don't mind the tag fees as much as having to pay $13 to fill out an internet form.

That is like having to pay a fee just to walk through the door at circle K to buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 3

Snapshot is right. I don't mind paying either if there wasn't so many dang tags on most hunts. Covering all bases as far as G &F meetings go I used to attend and the same 5-10 Guys were always there. When 1 was speaking the commishes looked dis-oriented. They Really didn't care who was speaking or what they were saying. That is total BS. WE pay their way and all the bills. AS far as getting new vehicles ,I don't have a problem there. Most successful bussiness'es do that. Gotta have reliable transportation. On another side note here in North Dakota I just paid $15 for spring turkey and I think My deer tag was $18.50 last fall. I do mostly non-resident hunts now days living up here and they are all costly. It has become a rich mans hobby if You do out of state. At 57 I don't mind paying. You don't know how many You physically have left. praise the Folks that do try to fight G&F....BOB!

• Like 1