Sign in to follow this  
savagman

Things that go bump in the night...

Cool. Every once in a while I see them walking right down the street in the middle of the city where I live.

You must live on the eastside. There is a bunch that live along Sarnoff and 22nd area.

That is pretty awesome

I see them dead on the side of the road all the time, but I couldnt tell you the last time I saw one alive. When I was a kid, they used to watch us eat dinner at my grandparents cabin in Pinetop. They couldnt wait for us to finish so we would go out and feed them scraps, but that has been 20 or more years gone by.

• Like 1

We were camped down by sheep's crossing on the Verde river a couple years ago and had a couple raccoons and 2 or 3 skunks running through our camp while we were sitting there by the fire. They get pretty bold when they're accustomed to people.

• Like 1

We had a whole family 2 adults and 3 little ones, at my dad's summer home up at alpine.....I decided I was going to trap one of them in a box trap just for fun.

We could watch them come up and eat the dog food out of the dish on the back porch.

I trapped one of them first night....turned it loose.

Next night we watched as one of them came up to the trap, reached in as far as it could to get dog food without going into the trap......didn't trap another one of them while we were there....smart critters.....beautiful animals.

my dad and I were driving down thornydale and we turned onto cortaro at midnight and one ran across the lane, and I thought it was a cat, then a fox, and then figured it out that it was a raccoon, it ran across our lane then ran into the curb that divides the lanes and then ran back across our lane. pretty cool...

I lived near that intersection long ago..Beverly St. and Desert Steps Dr, but only saw them at Colossal Cave where I worked in the '70's

Last one I saw alive was at Arivaca while we were night fishing. Kept following a set of eyes getting a drink of water. As we got close enough to see it with my headlamp we saw the tail trotting up the hill. I have seen a dead skunk at country club and Ajo a couple years ago...

Arizona, the only state a bunch of guys get excited when they see a racoon.

• Like 2