couesbowhunter1

Good Rifle For My Girlfriend

I am looking to get a rifle for my girlfriend because she refuses to shoot the 30-06! What are your guys thoughts on a good rifle that would fit her? I was thinking about a youth .243? Thanks

• Like 1

I just went through the same thing, I went with a .270 little more kick than a 243 but I wanted a gun good for elk and deer. She handles it just fine, just my .02

The 7mm-08 is a great consideration for anyone, but especially a youth or lady. Check out some of the ballistic charts on it, might surprise you.

Jeff

• Like 3

I was in the same boat with the wife and Kid with a 30-06, I just had sothernexpress member on here install a muzzle brake, cut the stock to a youth length of pull, and cut the barrel down to 16". The rifle is a great shooter out to 400 yards and has hardly any recoil.

Tikka T3 .243 my 15 and 13 year old girls shoot theirs and dont even think about it, just shoot away.

• Like 1

Yes to what rcdinaz said, or the same in 270 WSM with muzzle brake. Both light weight no recoil.

Ernesto C

Yes 243 or 25-06.

25-06 them there guns kick like mules, you must not like your wife. now myself who loves my wife/life , i got her a remengton 270 CDL, cut the stock down to fit put a good recoil pad and had it magna ported and put a leopold 4x18 scope with big eye relief. well she killed elk and a BUFFALO with it and she says it kicks less then my sons 243. just a thought

another option is Browning BAR w/BOSS, takes most of the recoil out, my daughters were shooting my .300wm when they were 11 to 12 y.o.'s, the youngest has her own .300wsm

270 or 25-06 - can't go wrong with either one. I decided on the 270 for myself over the 25-06, but these were the two final choices I had narrowed it down to (and yes I'd shot both). The overall majority always seems to be the 270 is what I found when I researched it and even still when I pay attention to these types of threads.

Can't say as I blame her with the 30-06, but it's my preference for elk over the 270.