couesbowhunter1

Good Rifle For My Girlfriend

My wife uses a 7mm08 with a break and is perfect for her as it is good for Elk to Coues. I first got her M70 compact and had a break added and now she uses a White Cloud custom in same caliber.

/>

Coues- what is she shooting at ? targets? deer? coyotes? rabbits? bear?

Just deer and Javelina. Maybe a coyote here and there. I already told her if she gets drawn for elk then she is going to have to shoot my 30-06 or .270.

I am looking to get a rifle for my girlfriend because she refuses to shoot the 30-06! What are your guys thoughts on a good rifle that would fit her? I was thinking about a youth .243? Thanks

The .243 is an accurate and deadly round.

• Like 1

I am looking to get a rifle for my girlfriend because she refuses to shoot the 30-06! What are your guys thoughts on a good rifle that would fit her? I was thinking about a youth .243? Thanks

The .243 is an accurate and deadly round.

I agree with Ron on the .243 for your purposes. It will also work on elk if she gets an elk tag. On a note related to others, my 9-year old daughter shoots a Savage youth 7mm-08 with a brake on it and absolutely loves it. It will definitely do everything your wife wants to do, plus elk just as well.

Now that's funny! I thought you were looking for a trade ;)

what, what post you looking at?

I agree with the 7mm 08. Great caliber. I would consider also a 257 roberts. Both my daughters have loved theirs, remmingtons.

.338 edge is what all women want.

• Like 1

A good friend of mine was born and raised in Colorado and shoots a 7-08, this is his biggest rifle, and uses it for every thing. It has a Leopold scope and target turret, and you should see his antler collection its rather impressive.

A 3006 can be down loaded with ease, and a muzzle break also reduces the recoil.