Sign in to follow this  
joe hunter

Donald Sterling....

I don't agree or condone with what he said at all but, in your own home, talking to your girl friend and you get fined $2.5 million dollars ?? Doesn't the 1st amendment apply to him ? It was wrong of him but truth be known ......we have all probably said a few things we didn't want anyone to hear... $ 2.5 million....If Obama ever finds out what I have said about him I'm in deep do do !

• Like 5

It was wrong because magic Johnson is boinking his mistress and also wants to buy his NBA team, it's wrong because our president commented on it....FROM A FOREIGN NATION!!! It's wrong because the media says it it. It's wrong because you no longer have the right to your own opinions (racist or not) if you don't agree with the majority of loud mouths then it's wrong. I believe the man has a right to say whatever he wants! He is a public name though and that brings consequences.

• Like 3

It ain't even worth talking about.......billionaires gone ballistic while some people would just like a job.

I was listening to the NBA Commissioner announce the punishment.....and then take questions from the news reporters.

Harlem Globe reporter......Mr. Commissioner does this mean you are going to consider letting more blacks become owners of NBA teams??

That right there is about as racist as it gets.....why not let who ever has the money to pony up buy the team no matter what their race is???

What if we put a quota on how many of each race can be on any given team to make it equal race opportunity? That is what they do with university enrollments right?

Why not just go off of individual performance no matter what the race???

Sterling was wrong in what he said.....but they sure don't have a problem with the things that Sharpton spews.......

OK.....I am a hypocrite.....I talked about it....

• Like 2

Joe, it is not a first Amendment issue because the NBA is not a government institution. An invited guests right to freedom of speech or religion does not allow them to speak profanity or worship the Godless church of liberalism within the walls of my house. If you said something inside my house that I don't like, I could hand you a $2 million fine, and you could likely walk out with little consequence. However, if you had to post a $5 million deposit to walk inside my house and signed a contract agreeing to certain terms of conduct while a guest on my property, you may or may not have an easy time getting that money back if there is a dispute.

here's to wondering if Kalifornia (People's Republic of) will levy felony charges that it seems as though she committed. The recording seems to be prima facie evidence in and of itself.

• Like 3

Their is no dispute that the guy is a d-bag but trying to force him to sell his team is BS. Could he tell the nba commissioner to F off? And play home games at a public park? Heheh

what a circus. i haven't watched an nba game in years, and this will drive me further away.

as the fox news reporter was saying, it's ok for an an nba player to beat his wife to a bloody pulp, but mention a racial comment in public....that's the unpardonable sin.

it's more of the pot calling the kettle, er, uh, a different color....

• Like 6

The whole thing was a setup. A rich man....A disgruntled wife.....A Sugar Baby girlfriend....a recorded conversation. A big Soap opera.

These Pro Sports leagues are nothing but legalized Mafia's, filled with players who are overpaid thugs, and punks. Who are they to be Judge, and Jury?

Regardless of "Political correctness", a person has the right to say what they want. Mainstream LIberalism......it's O.k to be queer, and a sodomizer, just don't say anything racial if you are a white man.

• Like 2

Right now the Obama administration is trying to tuck and roll from two more screw ups...John Kerry calling Israel an apartheid state, and the exposure of an internal email showing there was a cover up of the Benghazi cover up. Either one of these would be devastation to any previous administration, but not Obama.

Once again, when the heat is on, he just rolls out a racial controversy and the media is all over it. Not much different than the situation with the white cop and Harvard professor Henry Gates, or the Trevon Martin case.

The things Sterling said were wrong, but they pail in comparison to so many other current issues that effect our world. In Benghazi, Americans died while our military was ordered to sit on the sidelines, Sterling made a racial comment to his girlfriend...maybe Obama needs a lifetime ban!

• Like 4

Right now the Obama administration is trying to tuck and roll from two more screw ups...John Kerry calling Israel an apartheid state, and the exposure of an internal email showing there was a cover up of the Benghazi cover up. Either one of these would be devastation to any previous administration, but not Obama.

Once again, when the heat is on, he just rolls out a racial controversy and the media is all over it. Not much different than the situation with the white cop and Harvard professor Henry Gates, or the Trevon Martin case.

The things Sterling said were wrong, but they pail in comparison to so many other current issues that effect our world. In Benghazi, Americans died while our military was ordered to sit on the sidelines, Sterling made a racial comment to his girlfriend...maybe Obama needs a lifetime ban!

. X2

I don't agree or condone with what he said at all but, in your own home, talking to your girl friend and you get fined $2.5 million dollars ?? Doesn't the 1st amendment apply to him ? It was wrong of him but truth be known ......we have all probably said a few things we didn't want anyone to hear... $ 2.5 million....If Obama ever finds out what I have said about him I'm in deep do do !

$2.5 million to him is like $55 dollars to the average American, FYI.

Of course, I think you should be able to say anything you want.but there's always consequences for your actions...this guy owns a team in a league that's mostly black.hes a moron and made racist statements.of course the other owners should vote to force him out...anybody with half a brain can see why that makes sense. He broke the morals AND the rules of the league and should be banned.simple.this has nothing to do with Benghazi, that's ridiculous to even bring up in this conversation.

. X2

Dont forget the IRS. They are getting ready to hold Lois Lerner in contempt. The timing on this "scandal" is not a coincidence.

The gold digger with the recording is claiming she did not release it to anyone. Take that for what it is worth. TMZ refuses to say where they got the recording.

That said....I agree he should be fined and if the other owners in the league decide so, be forced to leave their organization. This is not a 1st amendment issue. the NBA is a private organization. But they are hypocrites because this is not the first time he has been an a-hole. He has been sued and forced to pay fines for discrimination lawsuites in the past the other owners said nothing.

• Like 2

I agree with you on that last paragraph desertbull. But I swear that if a bird crapped on some of your guys' cars youd claim conspiracy, that Obama must have a secret program that trains pigeons to seek out and crap on the cars of only conservatives....not everything is politically motivated! Regardless of anybody's view on race, its not hard to see why sterling, in his position, just cannot make racist remarks and not have some strong consequences.