Sign in to follow this  
Guest oneshot

Santa Rita SurviverMan ???

Guest oneshot

I am wanting to challenge myself alittle this summer by spending a week in the Santa Ritas with very minimal gear(NOT nakid and afraid into it but, sidearm for protection only, small knife, flint-steel, metal cup, basic first-aid kit, clothing/boots).

I have experence/training in survival and have done this before, years ago with no concerns, but...

I'm wondering about the legality of setting snares/deadfalls for small critters/birds...

Do I need a trapping licence??? Is it legal to use snares/deafalls on forest service lands???

Thank You in advance for your replies,

( my GF already asked if my life insurance is paid-up and if she gets the beni's, Sorry...)

That is awesome. I can't tell you about the legalities... but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive right. Bring a camera and post pics/story when you return there jeremiah.

That sounds fun. I would love to do domething like that.

Sounds awesome! I was just thinking about doing the same sort of thing after I watched a friend of mine in an episode of Naked and Afraid. He got so seriously sick that they had to take him to the hospital and he still is seeking treatment for some of the tropical diseases he got while in Bolivia.

I would call AGFD and the USFS and get the rules from them. No trapping on public land as far as I know. Might be better off finding a remote lake that has fish and live off the fish and crayfish.

I am wanting to challenge myself alittle this summer by spending a week in the Santa Ritas with very minimal gear(NOT nakid and afraid into it but, sidearm for protection only, small knife, flint-steel, metal cup, basic first-aid kit, clothing/boots).

I have experence/training in survival and have done this before, years ago with no concerns, but...

I'm wondering about the legality of setting snares/deadfalls for small critters/birds...

Do I need a trapping licence??? Is it legal to use snares/deafalls on forest service lands???

Thank You in advance for your replies,

( my GF already asked if my life insurance is paid-up and if she gets the beni's, Sorry...)

Any objections to somebody starting another policy on you? ;)

good luck it sounds like fun.

Guest oneshot

What part of the Santa Ritas?

Going up from Madera canyon toward Florida Mt, there are some springs/seeps around there below the peaks, along with a cave/overhang that had a PILE of deer antlers in it(Old NA site) I would like to explore...

This summer before the august bow bear season is when I was hoping to do this adventure...

Sounds great, document all. You'll have to time it around any fire restrictions that might be in place.

Oh, and don't forget to weigh yourself before and after.

• Like 1

Don't stick your hands anywhere you wouldn't stick your ****. That is all.

I've always wanted to do something like what you're thinking about doing, so I think its awesome. If it was me I'd choose a different time of year though.

What is your current PSR?

I love that show.

If you do it keep it to yourself. Posting it on the web would expose any "questionable" rule breaking that could get you into hot water.

I did a 7 day adventure Behind lake pleasant when I was young and it was really tough. Ended up with a month long stomach infection. Not sure what it was from other maybe eating bugs. Cant imagine 21 days...

Spent a week in Reavis and thought I was boiling all my water but got Giardia.