5guyshunting

remington 700 sendero nightmare

170.00 in ammo, trigger, fuel, gunsmith to inststall trigger, take trigger out , re sight other rifle to verify scope and mental anguish. I need a hug or a new rifle and $1000.00.

I hear t/c makes a nice rifle.

170.00 in ammo, trigger, fuel, gunsmith to inststall trigger, take trigger out , re sight other rifle to verify scope and mental anguish. I need a hug or a new rifle and $1000.00.

I heard they shoot like a foot off on the first shot. Is that true?

• Like 1

Remington is just flat putting out garbage between their junk 1 piece rings and my bran new model 783 that has the same problem as your 700 I guess I should have bough a savage I emailed Remington 1 week ago and have heard nothing in return I am gonna try and call Monday they have ruined my first rifle experience

I heard they shoot like a foot off on the first shot. Is that true?

that's an urban legend.
  • Like 1

Remington is just flat putting out garbage between their junk 1 piece rings and my bran new model 783 that has the same problem as your 700 I guess I should have bough a savage I emailed Remington 1 week ago and have heard nothing in return I am gonna try and call Monday they have ruined my first rifle experience[/quote

I just called the sportsman and they said bring it in and they will take care of it. I'll see here in a bit what their going to do.

Have you tried using a windage adjustable base and the Burris zee rings? You might be able to take up enough to at least get it zeroed and the plastic inserts won't allow the scope to pinch and bind. Worth a shot what's another 60 bucks. Worse case it doesn't work and you sell the rings and bases in the classifieds and get your money back.

Have you tried using a windage adjustable base and the Burris zee rings? You might be able to take up enough to at least get it zeroed and the plastic inserts won't allow the scope to pinch and bind. Worth a shot what's another 60 bucks. Worse case it doesn't work and you sell the rings and bases in the classifieds and get your money back.

I just got back from the sportsman and they provided great service. I have spent enough , and don't want a defective rifle. Its on its way to remington at no cost and the only fix I can see is to replace the action.

Where did you take it ? And if you have a number that would be great

Where did you take it ? And if you have a number that would be great

sportsmans warehouse I-17 and yorkshire ? The phoenix store. 623 516 1400 . Thats where I bought it

North Phoenix Sportsmans Warehouse has excellent service. Terry at the gun counter is very knowledgeable, and i trust his opinion. I rarley shop anywhere else, nor do i like to deal with anyone other than Terry. Glad it's going back to Remington without any issues.

• Like 1

North Phoenix Sportsmans Warehouse has excellent service. Terry at the gun counter is very knowledgeable, and i trust his opinion. I rarley shop anywhere else, nor do i like to deal with anyone other than Terry. Glad it's going back to Remington without any issues.

the problem was obvious in the end and I thank everyone for their input, but you always have a gut feeling and usually your correct.

Just to add to the "5guyshunting" story. I am a personal friend of his and shoot pretty well. I was with him when he was trying to sight this POS in. I shot it 3 times and couldn't believe the group. I even started questioning myself. Was I getting that old & blind and couldn't hit a 100 yard target better than a 6 inch group? Thank goodness it was the screw mounts being tapped wrong (Remington crap). I can now shoot my own rifles and not think I'm blind and over the hill. Me thinks Remington should replace the $100.00 plus worth of ammo he waisted and his psychiatric visits he went to as well..... Just saying.

ps: I took that picture of him and his son when he shot that deer so I KNOW he can shoot.

well i read a lot of this problem he has try a primer hole flash de burr tool  on reloads if you do this lower the powder charge by one grain too! shot a group see what happens! this trick makes a savage axis shoot real good! make those target shooters scratch there heads too! you can't see in side the brass casing either! you look at reload it looks normal!