5guyshunting

remington 700 sendero nightmare

I'm sure you've already done this, but the first thing I would check is the scope mounts to make sure there are no issues there, then swap a scope over from one of you other rifles that you know is solid. If you are still getting wild groups with a scope you know is good and the mounts are solid, then you know it's an issue with the rifle or ammo, but that gun shouldn't shoot 6 inch groups with any ammo at 100 yards.

That was definitely one of my ideas

If you have done everything you can to fix the problem, torque like DB said, looked it over, make sure scope is ok etc. send it back to Remington, they will most likely send a new rifle or fix the problem.

$500

Everyone I know that has a sendero shots sub MOA. That's sucks man. Super frustrating! Been there. What caliber?

I asked before and you replied "tack driver" that would only work if I was shooting softballs at a backstop. Just playing ...... its a 7mag

Do I here $1300? $1300 again, $1300 again? , $1300 going three times, . I will let you all know how this turns out.

Lol!

I have some hand loads you can try. Rem brass, RL22, 168 bergers. They shoot sub moa out of my sendero 7 mag.

Pm sent

$500

Everyone I know that has a sendero shots sub MOA. That's sucks man. Super frustrating! Been there. What caliber?

I asked before and you replied "tack driver" that would only work if I was shooting softballs at a backstop. Just playing ...... its a 7mag

Do I here $1300? $1300 again, $1300 again? , $1300 going three times, . I will let you all know how this turns out.

Ill give you 1300 for the whole setup. Then when i have it shooting sub moa in a week you can buy it back for 1400...

Or just give me $100 to get it dialed in for you and call it good.

Look to see if the action is binding in the magazine box. You should be able to reach in and move the magazine up and down a little bit.

A lot of good advice here so far. Definately make sure the action screws are torqued evenly. 65# is the widely accepted standard for stocks that aren't like Tupperware. Though most of the time improper torque won't make for 6" groups.

Definately investigate the scope. I had a full on custom 308 that shot almost that bad with some loads and didn't shoot any other loads very well either. After 1100 rounds and a summer of frustration I finally found a sweet load. Then I would periodically take the whole gun apart for cleaning and such and noticed that every time I did this it would shoot bad. I'd take it apart and put it back together. Sometimes it would shoot good. After doing this a time or two then it would suck. Turns out it was a simple matter of bad scope mounting. Once I fixed that, it was a solid .3 MOA rifle. A one peice bedded scope base works wonders. So does proper ring alignment and getting top caps AND cross bolts torqued properly. It helps some ring if they're lapped.

Is your barrel free floated? Is your crown crisp?

If it turns out that it really is a lemon, Remington has been pretty good in the past about looking it over and test firing them. If they won't print 1MOA they usually will rectify it. On a side note, if you ever send it in, pull you aftermarket trigger out and re-install the factory trigger. They WILL remove your trigger and throw it away, install a new factor trigger and charge you for it.

I hope you get it figured out.

M

I have that exact rifle and mine is a tack driver even with my lower end Vortex Diamondback scope. I am waiting for my hs-lr 6x24 to stop being on national backorder...ugh. It sounds like a scope issue like everyone else stated. I do know Remington will stand behind that rifle to the max. When i purchased my Sendero, there was a scratch under the texture on the stock. One simple email to Remington and i had a brand new stock sent from HS precision, in 2-3 days, they didn't ask for pictures, nor did they even ask for the old stock back. So now i have an extra stock lol. I would do the scope swap, and then contact Remington. Or just save yourself the headache, i will offer $550 as is. :)

even with the original remington trigger in it i will give yyou 595 for it............. load it with re-19 , nosler brass, 168 berger, 030 off. wlrm primers

I had the same problem when I purchased a .308 700 ssd-aac tactical back in october. I went through and put an HS stock on, Trigger, bedded it, new scope, new base, and new rings and all it did was improve the group 1 inch. So now it was a 5 inch group instead of 6 inch. I was shooting 168 grain bergers through it so I chaged and grabbed some federal 168 and same thing. So I tried 150 grain and it got worse. So i grabbed some 175 grain and BINGO!!! It started shooting sub moa actually .246 groups talk about a difference. So if you get it back and they say it shoots fine then try heavier bullets. Just food for thought. I still sold it and jumped away from 700 fast and went and bought 2 Savages in Model 10 in 6.5 creedmoor and model 11 in 6.5 creedmoor now both of these guns out of the box shoot .25 groups with factory ammo and reloads are even better. I believe remington (with the way the gun was made) has dropped their standards big time. Why change a great trigger to that piece of crap 40x? And the bolts need to have sako style extractors and not the c-clip. Just not a fan of remington anymore. I had a 6.8 from remington that did the same thing it only liked 1 type of grain of ammo.

• Like 1

Today I shot 168 grain berger hsm no change or maybe worse. The scope is now on my 700 rem .270 . I should know tomorrow if its scope or rifle, im hoping scope.

Stay away from the bergers if you want a good group. Shoot some hornady 139 and 162. If it doesnt group from one of those then something is definitely wrong. Bergers are very picky

Are you shooting from the lead sled pictured? If so ditch the sled and use a rest and or bags. Sleds are known for causing issue with scopes especially when mounted on magnum caliber rifles. If that doesn't help things I would switch to some burris signature zee rings to eliminate any question with rings or alignment issues.

• Like 1