AZwest16

Draw results delay

I have received my results......

For New Mexico.

• Like 1

This waiting SUX...........I should just put in for one hunt, then I wouldn't be guessing where I'm going!!!!!

This waiting SUX...........I should just put in for one hunt, then I wouldn't be guessing where I'm going!!!!!

Lol, i put in for 2 hunts in the same unit, i know where I'm going, i just don't know when yet.

I like the idea of having a second card attached to the application incase one fails as mentioned by someone above. Either way I could care less, I know I have a tag coming and I'll find out when I find out like every year. The only people I could sympathize with are the ones that are waiting to draw the archery tags but it is what it is.

• Like 1

It would have been nice to know this week what unit I was drawn for but finding out next week just means I loose the ability to scout that unit this weekend and I can live with that.

Good Luck to everyone who put in.

I put in for 2 hunts in the same unit, so either it's a Dec WT tag, or a Nov WT tag. Either way, I'm getting out tomorrow to check out some water sources. I need to get on the mountain.

• Like 2

I know and speak to a ton of az hunters on a daily basis and very rarely if ever do I ever hear any one of them complain about the draw and having to wait on the results or hear any of them cry about how bad the department is. Yet every night I go online to check out what's new on my favorite hunting website and I see a pile of posts about how unfair the department is and how they suck at what they're doing. I pretty much dread clicking on topics about the draw and similar discussions because I don't want to have to sift through the whining to get to any useful information. What am I missing? Why are some of you on this site so upset all the time yet the majority of az hunters could care less about waiting one extra week for draw results. A ton of people have missed out on tags and lost bonus points in years past because of credit card issues so the department is trying to do something good and they get slammed for it. I feel like a few peoples negative opinions on this site give this entire site a bad wrap. I know that I'm being hypocritical since I too am now complaining but I feel like it needed to be said. Its a shame that many good hunters who kill good bucks no longer post on this site because of the drama involved. I usually stay out of it, and maybe I'm adding a little drama of my own now, but seriously, is all the whining necessary? When the results are out after the previously printed deadline, then complain. Until then, be what a hunter is supposed to be: QUIET and PATIENT.

P.S. Dont take my rant personal I am working my fifth consecutive night shift. And I do not work for azgfd.

Creed I think you have a very good point...... yes some people complain but owning our own restaurant for almost the past 40 years I have learned there are always going to be people, no matter what u do they will never be satisfied or happy...... you will never be able to change that.....

• Like 4

I believe they should go ahead and charge the cards for the full amount up front. Seems like quite a bit of wasted resources making up to 3 calls out to 800 some people. I know out of 800 there is a lot of people that fall into the "no fault of their own" catagory, but charging up front would remedy this problem. Last year my card that I used for the draw was cancelled right before the draw, and I found out after being denied in stores, not by the CC company. I was furious, turns out that hundreds/thousands of cards were compromised and they shut them down before false charges could have been made. I called G&F and she went app by app and changed card numbers.

Even if they don't change the law and charge up front, I still like this system better than mail in only.

Good luck to everyone this yr, may your shots be straight and the antlers be large.....

• Like 3

What stinks about the deal is they charged us but wont let you know what you were drawn for. Its been almost 2 WEEKS.