aznighthawk

This years pear crop

Last weekend I was in 22 there was a good amount of fruit on the pears. Looked like most of it needs a few more weeks to ripen.

Going into 22N early on Monday to set some cams for elk and pick some berries. Will be driving through lots of 22 and will return the same day and report.

• Like 1

Not sure what unit you are considering, but the prickly pear fruit on some places on the San Carlos Reservation looked to be very abundant this week. that was at about 5500 feet elevation.

Shhhhhhhhhhh no bears in the Pears this year:)

• Like 2

Almost every prickly pear I look at in August always seems to be ripe. Picking it and eating it is fun, but I always have cactus spines in my hands for a week. Wonder what the bears feel like. LOL. Anything ripe now is Primo Cream of the Crop

I glassed this one up last Saturday for my buddy who had the archery tag. He was eating berries the whole time until an arrow hit him. Hopefully he will post a story about the hunt soon. David

post-561-0-74386200-1406353963_thumb.jpg

post-561-0-57456200-1406354005_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I was helping a friend with his Raffle tag on Thursday in 24a (salt river side). The pears were huge and getting ready to turn colors on.

Was that the super raffle bear tag?

Going into 22N early on Monday to set some cams for elk and pick some berries. Will be driving through lots of 22 and will return the same day and report.

I know 22N like the back of my hand. I have a cabin in Pine if you need any direction. I don't know elk or deer with a hoot but know a few areas I always see them.

Was that the super raffle bear tag?

Spring archery tag. David

2013 coues super raffle tag. I was bumped during the good (cool) months so I get to help him in July.