Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Arrows seem to be angling to the right on target

So I'm a novice bow hunter. This month I put an upgraded sight on my bow and I'm dialing it in best I can

The arrows are grouping fine but the seem to be slightly angled right in the target. I keep checking to make sure I and the target are square. I'm afraid when I go to broad heads they will really fly crazy

Should I adjust my rest by moving it toward the right?

Is it worth going to a quality shop and having them dial me in?

Thanks

Your rest may be off or you may be getting some fletching contact somewhere. Try paper tuning it.

I'm using a whisker biscuit. Is that part of the problem?

I'm using a whisker biscuit. Is that part of the problem?

Could be unless you haven't moved it, only changed the sight. Not a fan of those but to each is own. I would do what 4falls said and check to see if you are getting fletching rub and paper tune it. If your not comfortable then would take it into a shop and see what they say. On a side note if you have the cash get a drop away.

Don't listen to shedhunteraz. I love whisker biscuits!!!! Hahaha. I have seen too many drop aways fail to use one myself. ;)

• Like 2

Its Just fishtailin...start by moving your rest very slightly left see if it gets better or worst...if worst go the other way...lol. pretty simple. If nothing works then yes could be spine issue.

Whisker biscuits are just fine as long as you arent torquing your bow with a bad grip. That being said I will never use one again. Qad hdx all the way.

Ok so what is a weak spine? Does that mean I'm a weak butt. :)

Shoot at different distances and see if your arrow angle into the target isn't different on each distance. This would indicate fishtailing and could be a few different things. More than likely a simply adjustment of your rest either right or left.

An arrow will take the path of less resistance when it hits the target.

Shoot broadheads, it will tell yourself and whoever works on (it if needed) a lot of information.

Do yourself a favor, go to Corner Archery, 51st Ave and Northern. Great people and they'll help you figure it out. Lessons recommended and inexpensive.

Ok so what is a weak spine? Does that mean I'm a weak butt. :)

. I would say if your shooting 70lb draw with a 400 spine arrow that's weak. What he meant by weak spine is when you shoot ,your arrow flexes too much

Actually that's not entirely true. I shoot a 400 spine at 76.5 lbs and am still fine. It also depends on arrow length. If you're draw length is short enough you can stiffen the spine by shortening the arrows. However if you are over spined your arrows won't flex enough and cause bad flight. I see way too many people who are shooting 340 spines that don't have enough dl or poundage to warrant it. Bring it down to Archery HQ in Chandler and ask for Jr I'll get you set up right.