Sign in to follow this  
208muley

Scopes

So what kind of scope, brand, reticle, power etc should I put on my gun no matter what I end up getting? I have heard that leupold 8.5x20 is good. I also have heard vortex makes a good one. Huskema and night force are probably out due to price. I know that I will have a turrets on it. Is a level important?

The advice I got about guns was great so now how about some on the glass? Thanks guys, Eric.

I have the vortex viper pst 6-24x50 ffp. It's not the lightest but that's the only negative I can say about it. It's been nothing but great for me. I have had the misfortune to test vortex's customer service and was not disappointed.

I agree with CSNeoM4A1 i have the exact same scope on my 300 win mag is an awesome scope for the price and you can't beat their VIP warranty. You can get it for about $900 maybe cheaper if you do some shopping around.

There is a top line shooter doing a review right now and vortex and night force are getting hit hard for clarity. Just one thing to add on vortex warranty should be the last thing that THE COMPANY rants about because let's face it I should never have to use the warranty. That being said my old PST and Viper both had to be sent in for parralax issues. Night force is a great scope but high priced and again clarity. Every scope has a flaw. IOR valdada have SuPERB clarity 75 moa elevation but dang they are heavy. I recently ran into sightron and from ALL the review of 50 cal and 338 shooting with them at 2200 yards I had to see what they were all about so I bought the SIII 6-24x50 . it has 100 moa elevation, better optics (in the shooters review it beat night force) its lightweight, sightron has a full custom shop with a warranty IF YOU NEED it. The sightron I bought I took it through a box test, tall target test, and shot it 1100 yards it by far blew my mind on how I have never seen a scope track as perfectly and precise as this scope. Oh ya and they are under 900.00. I found them as cheap as 742.00 for the siiiss624x50lrmoa. Do yourself a favor and don't buy a scope for their warranty that should be just a back up not their selling point.

IMO Zeiss conquest 6.5-20 x 50 is the best buy out there right now. Only negative I have on the scope is not enough MOA adjustment. This is easily remedied with a 20 moa base. I think this scope is far superior to any vortex scope except the Razor. Vortex makes good optics, but sells most of their stuff based on the warranty IMO.

• Like 1

IMO Zeiss conquest 6.5-20 x 50 is the best buy out there right now. Only negative I have on the scope is not enough MOA adjustment. This is easily remedied with a 20 moa base. I think this scope is far superior to any vortex scope except the Razor. Vortex makes good optics, but sells most of their stuff based on the warranty IMO.

I think I have to agree with this one, Zeiss or Sightron as was mentioned. I have the Vortex PST on one rifle and really have no complaints. However it is not quite the same as nightforce or MK IV on the other rifles. I was actually going to use Sightron instead of Vortex but they had a wait to get them mailed out.

Weaver, IOR, both have some nice models as well, only issue is they are on the heavy side.

• Like 1

There is a top line shooter doing a review right now and vortex and night force are getting hit hard for clarity. Just one thing to add on vortex warranty should be the last thing that THE COMPANY rants about because let's face it I should never have to use the warranty. That being said my old PST and Viper both had to be sent in for parralax issues. Night force is a great scope but high priced and again clarity. Every scope has a flaw. IOR valdada have SuPERB clarity 75 moa elevation but dang they are heavy. I recently ran into sightron and from ALL the review of 50 cal and 338 shooting with them at 2200 yards I had to see what they were all about so I bought the SIII 6-24x50 . it has 100 moa elevation, better optics (in the shooters review it beat night force) its lightweight, sightron has a full custom shop with a warranty IF YOU NEED it. The sightron I bought I took it through a box test, tall target test, and shot it 1100 yards it by far blew my mind on how I have never seen a scope track as perfectly and precise as this scope. Oh ya and they are under 900.00. I found them as cheap as 742.00 for the siiiss624x50lrmoa. Do yourself a favor and don't buy a scope for their warranty that should be just a back up not their selling point.

+1 on sightron!! I have the 8x32x56 lrmoa and love it. Great scope with 70moa should be plenty. I got it from brunos for 950 . I originally was a die had leupold fan. I fell on my vxiii LR 6.5x20x50 varmit ret and knocked the scope off by 8 inches at hundred yards. Granted it was a good fall but I have faith it would be fine. So I searched a lot for a good scope.. U can't find a bad review on sightron accept that people complain bout parallax adjustment being stiff.. Doesn't bother me:)

Ever open a can and worms came out and you didn't know crap about what kind of worms they even were!? Well it has happened to me! This is way more confusing than what gun to buy! So now I'm starting to learn about parallax, FTP, Sfp, different reticals. My head is about to explode.

I do not want to be a sniper at 1400 yds. I want a gun to backpack hunt with, I think I have the gun figured out, and a scope to get it done out to 700 yds. But practice out further. Ease and simplicity of use is important. Am I pipe dreaming to think 700 yd shots can not be donewithout a computer present? Haha. Help me out guys

Cameralandny has the Zeiss Conquest for around $850 right now.

If you get last years model 6.5-20 x 50 with target turrets on it, Camerlandny.com has them for $599.00 until they sell out. Absolute steal!!

I love Sightron, but they dont have a zero stop. I will never own another hunting scope without a zero stop.

• Like 1