Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Fire on 4 Peaks ? Any info?

I noticed there is a fire on 4 peaks, east side. Anyone know any info on it, I was planning on csmping out there on top somewhere.

Prescribed I think. judging by the flashing sign on the beeline that says we already know about the fire don't call it in.

I saw that too so I called them up and told them to change the battery in the sign because it was flashing.

• Like 3

Prescribed I think. judging by the flashing sign on the beeline that says we already know about the fire don't call it in.

I saw that too so I called them up and told them to change the battery in the sign because it was flashing.

Ha, bet they weren't expecting that one! Now it's going to include "sign is solar powered so please don't call about battery getting low" haha.

Why in the world would you be camping out at Four Peaks this weekend, especially in this hot, gnat infested weather?

• Like 1

My wife and I camped at Roosevelt last weekend and did some fishing. Saturday evening the fire on four peaks (Roosevelt side) was burning pretty good. Then around 9pm a rain storm ripped through and when I woke a few times during the night it was still raining. Rain quit around 5:30am. and when things cleared up enough to see the smoke was gone. it appeared to me the fire was out. Has anyone been by it in the last couple days? I was also told by a local it was a lightening strike. They were having issues with credit cards, I guess the towers were up on Four peaks and the fire was giving them issues. I thought all towers for cell phones and internet connection were on Mt. Ord. learn something new everyday.

GBA

I was up at Tonto Basin last weekend also and the Hook packs lunches for the firefighters. They said it was lightning and that rain saturday was a drencher so good deal.

Thanks guys! Just out enjoying nature

My wife and I camped at Roosevelt last weekend and did some fishing. Saturday evening the fire on four peaks (Roosevelt side) was burning pretty good. Then around 9pm a rain storm ripped through and when I woke a few times during the night it was still raining. Rain quit around 5:30am. and when things cleared up enough to see the smoke was gone. it appeared to me the fire was out. Has anyone been by it in the last couple days? I was also told by a local it was a lightening strike. They were having issues with credit cards, I guess the towers were up on Four peaks and the fire was giving them issues. I thought all towers for cell phones and internet connection were on Mt. Ord. learn something new everyday.

GBA

I build cell phone towers for a living. there are plenty of cell phone sites on mount ord, i built some of them. the towers on ord, or any tower for that matter, should not in any way effect credit cards. They have nothing to do with anything on a tower

The Pigeon spring basin is closed. Thats the main trailhead parking area.

This is a situation where the USFS allows natural fires (lightning in this case) to burn but do monitor and in some cases help the fire work in a natural way. They do monitor them and will change to attack mode if necessary. Presently there are about a dozen of these going in Arizona. More info here http://gacc.nifc.gov/swcc/predictive/intelligence/daily/swcc_morning_intelligence_briefing.htm

Browns

Tonto National Forest
Phoenix Dispatch
10 miles south/southwest of Payson, AZ (33.6947N, 111.3330W)
275 acres. N/A contained. Started 7/26. Lightning caused. Monitor strategy.
0 structures threatened, 0 damaged, 0 destroyed.
Fuel Model - 4 (Chaparral - 6 feet).

Type 4 (Johnson, IC)
1 engine. Total 6 personnel.
CRN: None
LAST UPDATED 209: 8/07- 1949

209 is a report type 1949 is the incident report #

GreyGhost, forgive my ignorance or maybe even the clerks, but she told me that her towers that work her credit card excepting gadget or what ever you call it was on four peaks and because of the fire it kept going down so she could not make credit card transactions. Is this not true? just trying to learn something here. Oh and good, I can tell my buddy who lives right there in Sunflower who's fault it is when the Verizon tower goes down, :D ha ha ha LOL. Just kidding dude!

Here is a pic, looks like it's heading on the north east side now .

post-2686-0-22746900-1407561381_thumb.jpg