Couzer

Big cinnamon down (updated with age 5/8/15)

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I had gone over to the Mesa G&F office today to check him in. Dustin down there with G&F is a great guy and rough aged him 7-8 years, but will know for sure when the results come back. I dropped off the hide to Jim over at SW Taxidermy (CW Sponser) and we laid the bear out and rough measured him at 6' 1". Jim has a awesome shop, looks busy with all the mounts he's working on, definitely pleased with his customer service. For now I am going to do a rug mount, and if I can convince the wife to do a life size in the next 6-7 months that would be awesome! (High Hopes and lots of flowers for the next 6-7 months) I took my meat over to SW Processing in Queen Creek (CW Sponsor as well) and having ALOT of sausage, chorizo, and a few roast done. I kept the backstraps, planning on smoking those here at my house! I wonder if I'll wake up from this dream?

Couestracker- I'll admit a was pretty darn scared walking down that wash, especially not seeing any blood or sign. My headlamp was not the brightest in that pitch black overgrown wash. My buddy Chad said the only thing he was worried about was walking up on a rattle snake, 5 mins laer he almost step on one of the biggest rattler I have seen in the wild. Good thing it rattled before he got to close, he let it live since it warned him before getting to close. That's why you always let your buddy walk in front :)

• Like 3

Well I just picked up my meat at the processor. Chorizo, Summer Sausage, Snack Sticks, and a bunch of roast. Thank you Southwest Processing!

post-2686-0-26568500-1409007800_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thinking about smoking a roast this week with some mesquite wood, all are invited to taste it. The Summer sausage turned out AWESOME!

Congrats and glad to see someone else making a cinnamon rug...the smoked meat and fixings sound tasty too!!

• Like 1

Congrats and let us know when that bbq is.

• Like 1

Just picked up the skull today, I had the taxi measure him for me. Measured out at 20 4/16", just need some ideas on how to mount it.

post-2686-0-48383700-1420225792_thumb.jpg

post-2686-0-29935300-1420225818_thumb.jpg

post-2686-0-20528100-1420225842_thumb.jpg

That is a nice bear! But, I already told you that!!

• Like 1