MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Reading this thread got me back into being a gym rat and watching my calories and macros again after a 18 month break. Just in time for archery deer.

That's mee too. I fell out of my routine a couple years ago. Too many work hours, too many beers afterwards & not enough sleep to get up early & exercise. I decided that packing that deer out this year was harder than it should have been, so after two beerless nights, I was finally able to drag my butt outta the sack at 4:00am this morning & put two miles under my shoes. They were slow miles, but it's a start.... or rather, a restart. Good bye sweet blue moons & new castles, I'll miss you! :(

• Like 3

20 lbs lost as of today...woo-hoo!! Having lots of fun with new recipes and feeling great! Yeah!! Hope you all are all hanging in there and on track! This time of year is tough with all the holiday parties!

• Like 5

I was down 39 lbs. at my weigh in and came in 3rd in the challenge. It was nice elk hunting this year without feeling bogged down. I hiked some good hills and put some miles on. It's hard not to overeat at X-mas.

• Like 2

Dig this thread! I've been working hard on getting solid for January's backcountry bow hunt. Ran 12 miles today. Signed up for a 1/2 marathon when I go visit the family in San Diego over Christmas. Time to get after it.

• Like 1

Haven't weighed in a couple weeks. The elk hunt was awesome and I am officially hooked. Saw over 30 bulls including 5 monsters and over 70 cows in just 3 hours of hunting. Ended up taking a fat calf for the freezer. After the pack out, my helpers were really glad I shot a calf and not a big cow. The conditioning definitely helped. I covered about 6-7 miles in some rough terrain and only saw elk when I got to the middle of my unit. That would have been a whole lot harder if I had tried it 6 months and 50 pounds ago. Now just trying to drop the last 10-15 pounds over the course of the next 9 months to get ready for next elk season. Congrats to everyone on their progress!

• Like 1

I hunted on Monday and got a pretty good workout. I'm down 20 pounds and feel great! I'm 50 years old and can hike like I'm in my late 20's again, it feels really good! I'm now ready to head deep into Coues country on some backpack trips!

• Like 1

Had a good week with 30 plus or so hiked miles in steep country. Carried my 40 lb pack at all times. Have not been able to get into my race training routine but I am close. No scale for me, I gained a few pounds but clothes feel good and I am strong so no worries. Big backpack hunt coming soon and a big tri race to train for so I think this will be a good year. Come on Jan 1.

Went quail hunting yesterday with two younger guys and their pointers. According to Garmin, did 10 miles over hill and dale, mostly hill.

Note to self; hunt with older guys, not younger. :(

10 miles, holy cow youre feet gotta be hurting.

ive basically gained like 15lbs since September. pretty much disgusting. might start hitting the stairmaster again, need to start dieting for real though. spring break is coming soon, I get older and they stay the same age.

• Like 2

Footsies hurt for days. It wasnt so much the 10 miles, but the pace the guys kept up.

I keep a journal on the bodybuilding.com forums but ill update here everyonce in a while. doubt anyone is very interested lol but ya going to start leaning out today. starting macros at 2100 cals, 150g Protein, 50g Fat 265g Carbs 6 days a week and 1 reefed day per week where ill hit like 400g carbs with only about 25g fat. no cardio at first but might add it in down the road if I have to cut cals below 1900. I log my food on my fitnesspal to keep track of the macros, hopefully be shredded wheat by end of march if I don't binge the whole time.

I keep a journal on the bodybuilding.com forums but ill update here everyonce in a while. doubt anyone is very interested lol but ya going to start leaning out today. starting macros at 2100 cals, 150g Protein, 50g Fat 265g Carbs 6 days a week and 1 reefed day per week where ill hit like 400g carbs with only about 25g fat. no cardio at first but might add it in down the road if I have to cut cals below 1900. I log my food on my fitnesspal to keep track of the macros, hopefully be shredded wheat by end of march if I don't binge the whole time.

Why no cardio?