MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

I've been trying to include more mountain hikes at higher elevations in my training regiment. Yesterday I did the Kendrick Peak hike with my 10 year old son. It's just over 9 miles round trip and goes from roughly 7,700 feet at the trail head to over 10,400 feet at the summit. I've found that in addition to breaking in all my gear it really helps to strengthen my knees and ankles as well as get my lungs acclimated to the thinner air.

post-25-0-06761100-1409718327_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I missed the monday check-in, but I am down 4 lbs! Just watching what I eat and Hiking with my backpack on!

• Like 3

down another two pounds this week for 6 total so far! Woo-hoo! Still haven't added new exercise, just reducing calorie intake and making it nutrient dense foods. Avoiding bread/pasta. Feeling great! I started making something called Cashew milk....it's like almond milk only much tastier! You can google it to learn more. It's great with the chia seeds to make a breakfast pudding or desert.

• Like 2

Oh and I forgot...whoever mentioned myfitnesspal.com...thanks! that's a great program for keeping track of what I eat. Makes it really easy to see the impact of all you eat with regard to nutrition and calories.

• Like 2

Was down a total of 20 pounds but now im water logged.

• Like 1

Eating pretty good. Very sore from working hard on my rig the last week. Most upper body workout I've had in a while at work. No need to add other exorcise. If I can muster the energy, going to do a 3 mile run when I wake up tomorrow. Haven't weighed, but feel like I've lost a bit.

• Like 1

I have been in the mountains for a week so can't remember how early week went so much. I ran on Mon and Tues wed morning packed up mules and hit the hill. Spent many hours on mules scouting and got in some hiking and one night time run with my pack and bow. I know I said no scales and I believe it can hinder progress on the lifestyle change aspect but I stepped on when I got home Sunday and I am down 9 lbs. Good job everyone

• Like 2

Clothes fitting better and moved out of the 36 waist pants. 34's fit well today - three weeks ago - not so much.

Happy with the progress - my eating plan is working and doesn't suck. Can't wait for 199. It's been a very long time.

• Like 4

Monday check in on Tuesday.

I got suckered into Amazing Jakes with the grandkids on Saturday and well......I was able to maintain weight through it all but did not lose any so I guess it is a push for the week.

Started week 6 of Insanity on Monday so I am hanging in there, not breaking any records but hanging in there. Grandkids......they are the best.....

Speaking of clothes.

I put on my XL workout shorts and shirt today and they fit like bags. What a difference the blubber loss makes.

I had to laugh at myself. How did I EVER get there!?!?

LOL

• Like 1

Speaking of clothes.

I put on my XL workout shorts and shirt today and they fit like bags. What a difference the blubber loss makes.

I had to laugh at myself. How did I EVER get there!?!?

LOL

I ask myself that question all the time....I lost 30 pounds 2 years ago and put it all back on in less than a year.......I blame it on organic donuts and chocolate chip cookies.

Speaking of clothes. I put on my XL workout shorts and shirt today and they fit like bags. What a difference the blubber loss makes. I had to laugh at myself. How did I EVER get there!?!? LOL I ask myself that question all the time....I lost 30 pounds 2 years ago and put it all back on in less than a year.......I blame it on organic donuts and chocolate chip cookies.

Same here! Classic tale of the American fat Yo-Yo. I'd like to blame Mexican food and beer and Dr Pepper and... and... and... I'm seeing it through this time - no fail and accept it - all the way to about 170 and stay there.

Motivates me for Monday check in!

• Like 2

I have sworn myself to staying down this time once I get there, I am trying to get to 140, even with my bad eating I lost 7 pounds last month. I signed up with myfitnesspal yesterday and plan on doing a better job of eating under the calorie count. Gotta tell Dr. Pepper goodbye except for extreme cases like if I knock down a big buck this December I am breaking out a full sized Dr. to celebrate!! One thing different this time around is I am exercising instead of just watching what I eat. Hopefully I will lose the weight and be in better shape than I was last time.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say this forum really helps! I feel like its not just me trying to loose a few but we are all doing it together! Didn't gain or loose any this week, but that's okay, I will keep trying. 4lbs down out of my 15lb goal :)

• Like 2