MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Well...

Down about a single pound - just under 202. I'm sensing a trend here - lol

That works for me. A pound-ish a week will eventually make me a thin hunter. And I get to do it while eating regular food - differently than I used to - but normal stuff. I had 5 baby back ribs and a potato last night. I can't do that every night but it's game on in moderation.

Wearing shorts to work this morning that NEVER would have fit a month ago. That's the progress I'm seeking - a little that lasts.

• Like 1

I ate the least calories so far this week, increased exercise and yet did not lose any weight this week! ACK! that's so frustrating to work hard on what I eat and then have no payoff when the couple weeks before I tried less hard and the pounds just dropped off.....oh well surely I am still moving in the right direction....tons more nutrient dense foods rather than empty carbs. Had a great spaghetti squash with tons of other veggies in tomato sauce last night...yummy and very filling! If you haven't tried spaghetti squash yet, it's a good one for replacing pasta. Low calorie but very filling and high in nutrients.

• Like 1

I am starting all over with step 1 on insanity, week 7 killed me so I am going to have to back off and try again. Haven't given up, just regrouping.....

LOL - I can hear it now. "holy moly... I can do this. Where did I put week one? Ok, there it is. We're good. Moving forward."

I know what you're talking about and that's a truckload of willpower. Good on ya.

I am starting all over with step 1 on insanity, week 7 killed me so I am going to have to back off and try again. Haven't given up, just regrouping.....

LOL - I can hear it now. "holy moly... I can do this. Where did I put week one? Ok, there it is. We're good. Moving forward."

I know what you're talking about and that's a truckload of willpower. Good on ya.

Oh you should have seen the look on my wifes face......she is like really Jeff......honey maybe you better try some elevator music....

• Like 2

I'll be in once the back fusion is done healing per the doc. That will be a while

Prior to the surgery I changed my diet to cut carbs and changed my workouts from heavy to light and lost 35#. Currently at 245# and looking to get down to 215#. That is my goal before next year's Elk season.

• Like 1

I pulled an almost zero last week, I didnt lose too much ground but didnt get much work in for fitness. I did make the wife happy with chores and fixing one of the trucks.

I had a posessed vehicle that decided to strand me on the way to the lake then I spent 2 days under it. I did get some good sit ups in I guess. Took the dirt bike out Sunday and got a good sweat but other than that Just dealt with lifes curve balls all week. Gym bag is in the truck this morning and looks like a good day for a trail run.

I will be at Deems hills park at 5:30 if anyone is in the area and has their running shoes.

• Like 1

Still resting the knee. I've been getting in about 30 minutes a day of upper body and core work. Still eating 1400-1600 calories a day.

• Like 1

Totally forgot to weight in this morning, but everything is fitting about the same so I'm guessing all is good. Worked out like a champ the past 3 days to make up for some family birthday dinners that MIGHT have included cheesy & delicious Mexican food.

Went to the doctor for a 90day follow-up visit last week on Wednesday. The "official" read on his scale was 204. He's not much for mincing words. I got the "well you've really come a long way - nice progress - you're still very overweight. You'll get there." Dang! Smacked on the forehead. I just smile-n-nod. He's right - I'll get there. Should have NEVER gone over 200. Alas - it's fixable.

I know why he's staying on me to complete the project. If I want to keep hunting for the next several years I must consider the following:

"Being only 10 pounds overweight increases the force on the knee by 30-60 pounds with each step."

Read more here:

http://www.hopkinsarthritis.org/patient-corner/disease-management/role-of-body-weight-in-osteoarthritis/

• Like 1

Lost another pound this week. Feeling much better too, eating tons more fruit, veggies and beans and a lot less dairy, meat and cheese. Last night we went to a potluck and wow, it's hard to stay on a healthy meal plan when you go to parties! I splurged by indulging in the bacon wrapped - jalapeno- cream cheese dove breasts! How can anyone say no to those?? I did find my dedication to losing weight made it a lot easier to eat just a few of those rather than eating the amount that was offered over and over to me (the guy that shot them and cooked them knows I love these! so he kept bringing the tray to me!).

I ate three of these tasty morsels!

post-1-0-24346200-1411413912_thumb.jpg

I have found that beans and HUGE salads are helping me feel full and satisfied while reducing calorie intake. I experimented with making black bean/chick pea burgers this week.....they were really good, healthy and filling!

• Like 2

Very cool - people are coming in the shop talking about fitness, weight loss, terrain in the units they drew and it all started with this Hunting Fitness forum. There are two guys at the gun counter right now chatting about eating changes they've made and getting extra exercise in for their upcoming hunts.

• Like 1

Down to my target weight of 210 from 255. All this hiking is working. My wife didn't recognize me when she came up this weekend. My mental well being is another story. These bulls have me on an emotional roller coaster. I'm about to crack up.

• Like 4

Speaking of doctor visits I can speak to what really happens when you let yourself go off and gain weight, drink, smoke whatever it may be thats not healthy.

When I started my life change I had just happened to have a yearly physical so I had data to go off of to see some progress.

A year later my doctor took some extra time to look over my labs and he said if he didnt know me he would have though my labs were from someone else, the difference was that much.

Keep up the good work. I am headed for my run now, Just do it !!!!

• Like 3