CouesWhitetail

Where do you store your tag before hunting season?

In the drawer of my little "charging station" where I keep phones, wallet, etc...my tags and extra copy of license all go there. I hate to admit that I lost a tag one year even with this system...it wasn't in the drawer when I got ready to pack for the trip, and the only thing I guess is I left it in a pile of mail and it got thrown out. I still went hunting that year and helped my buddy kill a nice buck, but was kicking myself the whole time and left my rifle at home. :D

bigorange, why wouldn't you just purchase a duplicate tag for $4? or whatever they cost. I should know how much they cost, I've bought one or two.

• Like 2

Mine go in my wallet. With all the OTC tags I carry plus my hunting license and trapping license it makes it quite thick.

You should be able to use that wallet as a stool.

In the drawer of my little "charging station" where I keep phones, wallet, etc...my tags and extra copy of license all go there. I hate to admit that I lost a tag one year even with this system...it wasn't in the drawer when I got ready to pack for the trip, and the only thing I guess is I left it in a pile of mail and it got thrown out. I still went hunting that year and helped my buddy kill a nice buck, but was kicking myself the whole time and left my rifle at home. :D

bigorange, why wouldn't you just purchase a duplicate tag for $4? or whatever they cost. I should know how much they cost, I've bought one or two.

Exactly. It costs you $4 and about 5 minutes at any WalMart or other license dealer. We got a replacement for my BIL at close to midnight one night before his hunt.

I stil do it your old way, on a shelf then freak out before the hunt trying to find it.

Me too! until last year.,.

last year they went in the pack all in one pocket. But I changed this year and put them in a lock box. Now I can forget them in complete security so when I am half way out of town I will no exactly where they are. :unsure:

• Like 1

Goes right in my gun safe.... matter of fact I just pulled out my archery antelope tag and put it Ilin my pack so its ready to go next weekend!!!!!!

I know you can purchase a duplicate license but I don't think you can replace a lost tag. I believe if you lose your tag you're SOL.

I myself put my tag in a dresser drawer unless it is a December tag, those go in the safe. I have done the last minute frantic tag search too many times.

I sign it and put it in my hunting pack. It stays right there until it's time to peel and stick. Also make my buddies do the same thing. And as soon as we get into camp, i do a tag check.

• Like 1

I know you can purchase a duplicate license but I don't think you can replace a lost tag. I believe if you lose your tag you're SOL.

Nope. You can replace a tag for the $4 fee as well. We have done it more than once. Take a look at the lower leftside box on non-permit tags (where the dealer punches a hole depending on the type of tag). You'll see there is a $4 duplicate sale option.

One year when my FIL needed one the folks at Sportsmans insisted that they were not allowed to do it. We walked over to Walmart and had it done and then had the Department call Sportsmans to set them right.

In My top drawer of the dresser with a few important items. Remember the old days with the pink not drawn cards. Use to save em all. Had Many. Don't know why. Just did. I know alotta folks filled the garage wall with em..............BOB!

Nope. You can replace a tag for the $4 fee as well. We have done it more than once. Take a look at the lower leftside box on non-permit tags (where the dealer punches a hole depending on the type of tag). You'll see there is a $4 duplicate sale option.

One year when my FIL needed one the folks at Sportsmans insisted that they were not allowed to do it. We walked over to Walmart and had it done and then had the Department call Sportsmans to set them right.

That is good to know. Thanks.

I got home the other night and my wife said your tag came today, but it took her 45 minutes to remember where she put it. So now that i have it i'm not telling anyone where it is!