Was done by 620am today

Was that Cuz you limitted out or they weren't flying

He limited out. I was standing right next to him on the other side of the tree. Birds all flew his direction. Took me until 8:15 to get my 15. 14 and 1 Eurasian...

Care to share what area you guys were in? Im at a loss this season...

Pm sent.

My wife & I had a great time. It was a little slow at our first spot, but we did manage to kill a bunch of Pigeons. My wife got her first bird while flying:) She was able to get 3 huge Pigeons. I ended up getting 19 Pigeons. Only a few Dove there. At 7:30 we moved to another ranch where there were a lot more birds. My wife didn't want to shoot anymore so I now had a sexy bird fetcher;) I did a lot better at the second spot. We ended the day with 18 Eurasion Doves, 1 White Wing, 22 Pigeons & 13 Morning Doves. Not bad for a slow morning!

I'm willing to donate my time to help this unnamed farmer and alleviate him of his dove plight. ha ha. Where do I go sign me up???

the spot we went to on Monday... I seen 2. one getting outa the truck, and one giving up and getting back in....that was 45 minutes of waiting in between. Didn't get to the spot I wanted to because had to help a friend move at 900 am.

Went to a different spot on Tuesday after work. I got 3, and my buddy go 1. walking back to the truck we crossed paths with another birder and his three kids. (2 guns for everyone). they had even worse luck, so Art and I gave them the four we collected. still nice to get out and listen to the desert.

My son works 9 on and 5 off so today he was on his first day of being off so he and I went out this morning. I got 10 MD, 5 WW and 7 Collards. He got 7,2 & 6. I had to get back to work and made it in by 9:30. I always open the shop at about 6AM so it was nice coming in and the coffee was already made.

Opening day my youngest and I went out around Horseshoe, where we usually see plenty of doves. 5:45 to 10:45 had a combined 3 doves. Went to Carefree Hwy and didn't do much better. I am really missing the dairy farm that shut down access. No more before school hunting for the kid till we find a place where they are flying... Momma is OK with missing the morning classes a few times, but only if there are doves to show for it. Trekking down too far south makes it tough to get back to Horizon HS at any reasonable time lol.

had OK luck this morning around carefree, but it was quail hunting for doves... Almost none flying, had to bust them up while walking and they stayed close to the ground.

So are they just not flying in north of phoenix or do I just need to switch areas. 6:00 to 8:00 this morning with my oldest son (he's a firefighter in Yuma and comes home on his off days) and we had 3 doves combined. This is brutal so far this year. Gonna head south to a dairy tomorrow morning, but drives like that make dove hunting a one or two time per year thing.

So are they just not flying in north of phoenix or do I just need to switch areas. 6:00 to 8:00 this morning with my oldest son (he's a firefighter in Yuma and comes home on his off days) and we had 3 doves combined. This is brutal so far this year. Gonna head south to a dairy tomorrow morning, but drives like that make dove hunting a one or two time per year thing.

From what I have seen no birds in north phoenix. man you should go visit him in Yuma

opening morning we killed em 6 of us with 83 birds, but the past 2 days have slowed down,good luck everyone

We just got back this morning from the farm, it was fun! I sure did miss a lot though.

post-2686-0-25723500-1409937208_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think we were, but prob close. I have family that has a farm in QC off Ellsworth