Why do we love to bird hunt so darn much??? dang sure was hot this evening! took vest & snake guards off and it looked as if I had gone swimming. this marks my 35th year of shooting dove started when I was 7.. still love it! if not for extreme heat, skeeters and snakes I guess everybody would be out there so guess the hazzards are worth it. good luck to all this weekend!

not even going out this weekend - kudos to all those with hot spots

n phx generally sucks this yr.

hope to get out an evening but places to go around n phx all have drawn blanks

would love to get wife out but heat and no birds is no fun!

• Like 1

Went out this evening with my 6 year old daughter. HOT! Did not shoot well. Took an hour to limit out on mourning dove. Birds were crazy again! Hundreds all over the skies where I was at again. Good luck to all this weekend.

Sounds like you're doing alright on the birds this year Brian. I take it that would be Addy or is it Amelia? It won't be long before Bradner will be along side ya shooting his limit. I got out once so far but work has got me tied down. Glad to hear of your success.

TJ

She's the prettiest retriever I've ever seen. You're a blessed man my friend. :)

TJ

• Like 1

2 friends and myself went out this morning. We ended up limiting out after awhile. It started real slow and then heated up as it got warm out. All the birds were small again this year. I did get one of my buddies to go bird hunting for the first time and he enjoyed it. He didn't do bad for his first time with a shotgun for sure.

We also jumped a couple bucks in the desert. A spike and a pretty decent 3x3. Now one of my buddies may be going archery hunting...

Addy. She was a great bird retriever and even better snack eater! 20140905_190616.jpg 20140905_185133.jpg

The other two kiddos were already planning which days they got to go next while we were out hunting!

What a cutey! my 5 year old just said WOW DID SHE SHOOT ALL THOSE DOVES?

Nice! It took her a bit to pick one up but it was no problem after that. She is my girly girl princess too! Browned up the meat in flour and spices, made a bit of gravy then served over rice. Not bad at all actually!

Got 5 more tonight. Shot down 7 but couldn't find 2. Hope to get out one last time this Saturday before the season ends.

Had a great time shooting this morning. Got my first limit in one hunt. 22 doves in all mixture of mourning\euro\ww. Met a couple hunters as well. The pic of the 2 doves side by side I took down with one shot. That was awesome. After I took them down, the guys at the other end cheered like I was a rock star...lol... Now time to wait for the late dove season. In the mean time, maybe I can get some rabbit hunting in with my kids.

post-12541-0-55697800-1410654801_thumb.jpg

post-12541-0-78561600-1410654812_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

We went out on Saturday of the last weekend of season. It was markedly slower then the previous weekend. We limited out the previous weekend but last weekend we could only muster 18 birds between 3 of us. They were all small out that way this season and also last season. Hopefully next year they will be a little more mature.