Sign in to follow this  
Coues Kid

first archery coues down

Went out Saturday and hunted with my girlfriend and a buddy of mine we glassed up bucks and my buddy made some stalks. I had been watching big deer all week finally at 5:30 I spot them and grab my bow. My girlfriend and buddy stayed on the hill watching I get to 76 yards of the big bucks and one winded me, he started blowing so I just sit and wait they finally go back to feeding and i try to move in closer I spooked a buck up out of a cut in front of me and he stopped broadside at 61 yards I drew back let a arrow fly and smoked him he's not a monster like the ones I have been watching but he's my trophy and my girl got to be there for all of it. He only went about 70 yards thanks to everybody who came and helped out.

post-4923-0-39506500-1409699759.jpg

post-4923-0-68352800-1409699773.jpeg

post-4923-0-99728800-1409699795_thumb.jpg

post-4923-0-00833000-1409699828_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

A big congrats on your first archery coues! Awesome you had loved ones there to share it with too.

Awesome job! Congrats on your first!

I'll tell you what, its way different from shooting coues deer with a rifle. I have shot 2 coues with a rifle but this year I was determined to kill one with my bow and even more determined to get a velvet buck it was a awesome hunt.

Congratulations on your first archery buck. :)

TJ