Sign in to follow this  
cohofishing

Colorado Mule Deer Hunt

Awesome hunt dude. That country looks amazing, and heck of a nice velvet buck. Last time I hiked 11 miles in one day, was here in unit 27. It about did me in, and that was with only a 30 pound day pack. Your 150 lb load is a heck of a haul. Kudos!

Heck yeah!! I would love to do that some day!

Awesome adventure. Something you won't ever forget. I would love to do something like that. Just don't have too many years left to do it. Congratulations.

I've had some tough pack outs but I don't think any compare to that. What a dream hunt! Sucks you had to do it alone but doing things like that alone kind of revives your soul. Great job on the write up Brent and congratulations on a well earned trophy.

Great writeup. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Heck yes. To say I am jealous is an understatement.

My gun shot a three inch group at 100 yards open sights. The hunt I drew was my second choice. I have been trying to draw other units for a three years. I guess to be correct, my first choice hunt has always been a early archery hunt. This was the first year I tried to draw a muzzleloader second choice. I have been told that once they rub their velvet off, they go into the timber. I know that was true in Alaska with the Sitka blacktails. I only saw a handful of mature bucks and a couple of them were rubbed off, white. My buck's velvet came right off. I think timing is everything for the early muzzleloader hunts.

Brent