Sign in to follow this  
massamino

AZGFD License "Simplification" Bull****

I'm not big on public venting concerning any issues I may have, but I just need a place to rant right about now so I don't take it out on the helpless Regional Game and Fish Department workers. After filling out my online apps for the spring hunts I printed out my license and noticed it would expire on 10/12/2015. I thought this must be a mess up in their system so I called the Regional Department in Tucson. Both women I spoke to said they were getting a large volume of calls with the same complaints of people stating they thought they would need a valid license for that time of the hunt but missed the section in the regs reading you only needed a current license then needed a different license the time the hunt took place. WHAT? This is a SIMPLIFICATION of the license program. Whose wet dream was this great idea. Did they not see the problem in this transition. If so, why in the heck did they not take the extra step in the online software and arrange it where it did not allow you to buy a new license if your current license was valid. They put it all on the consumers shoulders and assumed everyone read the regs front to back before filling out their apps.The last thing I wanted to hear after getting transferred twice at the Game and Fish office was " we totally agree with you but our hands are tied, you will need to take it up with the commission at one of the regional meetings". I know there are people on here that defend the actions of the Game and Fish Department but it seems like time and time again they continue to fail in their attempts. If they were in any other position, excluding government, they would have all been fired over these countless mishandlings.

Lol people used to always complain that if they buy a license in november it is only good for 2 months. So they fixed that problem. Now people complain about this way for probably a year or so til this way is normal again and everyone goes about their business. So take it in stride, suck it up, and move forward. Transistion periods always suck and no way to make everyone happy

• Like 5

I do agree that the online system should know if you have a valid license or not. Especially when this is the third draw application period of the year. I have used the same license 3 times now. I do not think the current system is any better or worse than the old one, just different.

When I apply in UT it tells me if I need to purchase a new one or not.

• Like 1

Yeah that would be nice if the system could at least remember the license number...especially if the license was purchased online in the first place. Manages to remember my address and everything else from last time...

I guess next year folks with Oct deer hunts will be complaining when their license they bought this Fall is expired before their hunt. It is a bit confusing, but I'm going to try to stay on the Jan-Dec cycle myself and hopefully not forget to buy a new one. :D

• Like 1

I don't understand why so many folks need to come here to "vent" "rant" or "experiment" about their own inability to follow directions.

You made a mistake. Learn from it and move on.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm lost here but after I punched in my department ID and birth date my current license # automatically generated and I clicked continue. Worked perfectly and contrary to years past, I didn't even have to take my license out of my wallet.

• Like 3

Some of us don't like to read in depth Bullchittt. Make it easier..............BOB!

• Like 1

Yeah that would be nice if the system could at least remember the license number...especially if the license was purchased online in the first place. Manages to remember my address and everything else from last time...

I guess next year folks with Oct deer hunts will be complaining when their license they bought this Fall is expired before their hunt. It is a bit confusing, but I'm going to try to stay on the Jan-Dec cycle myself and hopefully not forget to buy a new one. :D

Your license # is in there in the drop down menu. I did mine and my son's and both were there.

What is so hard about reading the regulations especially the information that is put in BOLD like this...

Enter your Arizona hunting license number that will be valid on deadline day for the hunt in which you are applying.

p.s. This topic has been brought up at least on a few other threads all through the application process...