wildcat

Had a Successful Year of Hunting

2014 has been a good a year for me. It started out with my Dad and I drawing archery bull tags for a second year in a row. Unlike last year however, we were both able to wrap tags around our first elk.

My Dad's

image-79.jpg

image-80.jpg

Mine

image-81.jpg

After accomplishing one of my biggest dreams on the elk hunt, I knew I would be completely content if I didn’t take another animal the rest of the year (or years even). I had a rifle Coues tag in my pocket though so I figured I’d see if I could have even more success.

The first weekend started out slow with lots of glassing with some friends and a few does and a couple smaller bucks.

image-76.jpg

Fast forward to this Thursday and there was a lot of rain and fog and not much glassing or hunting. At least my dad was there to hunt with me this time.

image-86.jpg

Friday I decided to go back to where I was the previous morning, only this time I was able to glass and glass until I saw this guy.

image-74.jpg

I decided on a game plan to close the distance for a shot. My Dad and friend stayed back to watch the show. I got within my shooting range and got settled down and waited. I ended up waiting about two hours, so I had plenty of time to digiscope some pictures and admire this awesome buck.

image-75.jpg

He finally stood up to stretch and after one warning shot, I was able to drop him. I waited for my Dad and friend to make their way over to help with the recovery. Luckily, there was a road that ran across the bottom of the hill he was on. I couldn’t believe how perfectly everything worked out and felt truly lucky to be able to walk up to a 100”+ buck like this. I’ve spent a lot of time trying to take a buck of this quality and it finally paid off. I roughly scored him at 107.

image-88.jpg

image-83.jpg

image-73.jpg

image-87.jpg

image-84.jpg

• Like 12

Nice job. What a great looking buck and being out there huntin' with Dad has to be icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing.

Wow

Oh My God!! What a great hunt yes! And a beautiful buck you harvested! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Ernesto C

Awesome! Congrats on a great season!

Congratulations and I hope you and dad have many more hunts together. Thanks for sharing your trophies. :)

TJ