Sneaker

WTB starter 223 near Kingman

I need a starter predator rifle, figured a bolt 223 looks to be a good place to start. Anyone in the area want to unload one?

If I may..I suggest an ar15. In an m4 configuration. Fast handling Very light low recoil semi auto so follow up shots can be take with out taking your eye from the scope.

• Like 1

I would love to go there, just figured it probably out of the budget of what I want to spend, around a few hundred bones... Maybe after I get a few dogs under the belt I can justify a better tool of the trade.

• Like 1

I would love to go there, just figured it probably out of the budget of what I want to spend, around a few hundred bones... Maybe after I get a few dogs under the belt I can justify a better tool of the trade.

I have heard guys rave on the savage axis for the $ they seem quite nice. now all have replaced stocks after while with a boyds or some such brand but for $199 for gun when they run specials ya can't go wrong. now if ya had few more bills I believe there are 2 gr8 223 bolts on here for sale that I have looked at a number of times. :)

I was in your same situation a couple years ago and wanted to put together an AR for predators but I added up what I was going to spend and it was in the $1500 + range by the time you add rings, bases, scope. So instead I bought the savage axis off davidsons for like $320 out the door scoped and ready to go, the gun is a tack driver and has killed many coyotes since. Now they have added the accutrigger to the axis package I don't think you can go wrong.

• Like 1

Even a New England single shot is around $230 at buds gun shop

Nothing wrong with a bolt action .223 over an AR for varmint hunting. You shouldn't need a second shot anyway!!! Make the first one count.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with a bolt action .223 over an AR for varmint hunting. You shouldn't need a second shot anyway!!! Make the first one count.

I guess lance doesn't call in multiple dogs in a stand. Plus you shouldn't need a second shot??? Wow I wish I could always shoot like you!!! Ha ha, just from experience having a second shot ready is HUGE in my book, but if you can't afford a rifle that allows that then you do just fine with a single shot, might wish you had another round ready just in case!!!!

• Like 1

I like the Ruger Am. Have a 308 and a 22-250 and like them. I just got the 5.56 Ranch (16in Barrel and sand stock- not the m-14), haven't shot it yet.

Last I saw you can load another round in a bolt? I think they hold like 2 or 3 at a time. I run an axis .223 and it is lights out. I would find one bare and buy a low power scope, tough to locate target in a 3 power. Maybe find a good 1.5 for an ar so when you upgrade you will have it