Sign in to follow this  
PAugie17

Lost Heeler Mix Prescott Valley Update!!!!! He came home this morning!!!!!

Wow that is awesome!! That dog is a survivor for sure. He is an Australian cattle dog he probably just went on a walkabout LOL.

Such a great story wish he had a go pro on his collar.

• Like 1

Just when it looked as if the babies ate your dingo, bam, booya!

Crazy story !! Awesome to hear!! Still healthy huh wonder what he was muching on during Those 5 months.

Dude, that is some straight up Homeward Bound stuff right there buddy! This is an amazing story!!

Congrats!

• Like 2

I am very happy for your family and the dog. This is great news.

About 25 years ago my mother and father went on a vacation back east. My dad had a queensland heeler and he asked me to watch it for him at my house while they were gone. I lived around 67th ave and Camelback at the time and this was the first time the dog had ever been to my house. Dad lived at 115th ave Southern in Tolleson. His dog broke through our wood gate on a Friday and I looked all over for the dog. Even went to parents house each day to no avail. The following Thursday I got a phone call from my parents neighbor and he told me the dog showed up and was waiting at the their front door. It took the dog six days to figure out where he was and how to get back home. I currently have a queensland and they are the smartest dogs I have ever been around. My only complaint about them is that they want to do and go everywhere with you. If I get up to go to the jon, she follows me. As I type this she is laying at my feet.

• Like 2

Thank you guys for all the kind words. Grover checked out good at the vet on Monday and is back to his normal self. Heelers are definitely very smart dogs and are good at getting into mischief too when were not around. We're happy to have him back home and again want to thank everyone who searched and prayed for him.

post-2588-0-46507800-1434600767_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Only if Grover could talk. Betcha he had a girlfriend and then dumped her. lol All kidding aside I'm extremely happy for the return of Grover to your family. :)

TJ

Just caught this thread-that is so awesome for you and your family that he came back! Just an awesome story with a happy, yet mysterious ending! Big congrats on that!

I love good endings like this. Here is another that happened while I was elk hunting this year along the Control Road. I fellow hunter came in to my camp and said he had lost his shepherd dog and had been looking for him for 3 days with 1 sighting but the dog ran from him when he tried to call it. He gave me his card and I said I would get the word out to all the hunters I came in contact with. The owner went home to break the news to the family and quit hunting due to what had happened to the family dog. I had decided to run down to my trailer on Sat and was pumping gas in Parson when I get a call from a near by camp that said a dog by this description was seen at Bear Springs along the Highline trail. The dog ran from them and looked scared. I immediately called the owner at home and told him what had been relayed to me. The owner called me the next day and said he traveled back up near my camp and found his dog in my camp. His family was ecstatic and had given up all hope that the coyotes had gotten him. :)

TJ

• Like 1