Sign in to follow this  
SWINGBOW

Draw system crash.... Again.

I guess I picked the wrong place to complain about the F & G website. I do have a question for you guys that are so negative. By your reasoning the term "Draw deadline Feb 10 at 7 pm MST" means do it a month early??? Honestly I forgot. Until about 3:00 this afternoon. I actually said out loud "Oh SH**!!!!" My guys looked at me like I was crazy as I packed up my tools and headed home to my computer with 3 hours left to get it done.

As far as putting myself in 5 minutes before my kids goes. I don't know my 10 year old daughter's social security number off the top of my head as I do my own. I started on my app as my wife was getting her SS card.

Thanks.

No need to justify your complaining or reasoning. This is usually a GREAT website to bash Azgfd, I do not know where all the bashers are at tonight. Sucks that you forgot, a deadline is a deadline, I hope they do not extend it, but I would bet they do. Good luck to you.

• Like 3

Several weeks ago I was able to fill out one application and then got the same message you posted and another odd one. It continued through out the evening. Happened to me again several times during the following weeks. One application would scream right through, the next would crash.

Keep trying, I just got my application submitted at 8:10pm. I had been trying since 3:30 today. I guess they have extended it again.

Bottom line of they advertise putting in until 7pm you should be able to do so. No matter what! Not anyone's fault they can't get their system in order.

At this point in time we should all know its going to fail. Your post is certianly true.

This has been happening every year.. It should not be a surprise.. That being said why would anyone wait until the last minute to put in. Regardless of the deadline everyone knows on the last day the system always crashes. I'm sure if the game and fish could find a solution to the problem they would have fixed it long before now. I have a solution... Go back to paper apps. I'm sure alot of people don't like that but it's true. We never had this problem until they started the online system. I really hope they don't extend it. Kinda reminds me of a kid... If you keep cleaning up after them why would they clean up... They are going to just keep making a mess because you keep cleaning it up. Just like if AZGF extend the deadline again then people will continue to wait until the last Minute to apply. Nothing will ever change. Just my opinion

• Like 4

Got to agree, should at least go strong till 7:00 after that...well...you SOL...as a non res. im so paranoid about it it scares me...LOL! lots to loose not putting in for one year!!!!!!

SWINGBOW, no one is wishing you any bad luck !! Hope you get your apps. in !! It's just I never stop thinking about hunting elk and as soon as the season ends I'm getting ready and thinking about the next one and the first step in elk hunting is getting the tag. Good luck !

• Like 3

Bottom line of they advertise putting in until 7pm you should be able to do so. No matter what! Not anyone's fault they can't get their system in order.

First off, I'm not trying to be the"I told you so" guy, or shame the ones who waited until the last minute to apply, but the Regs advertise you have until 7 p.m. 2/11 to put in. The online draw system is a convenience to us. You can still apply by mailing or dropping off your paper app to G&F by 7 p.m.

• Like 2

This has been happening every year.. It should not be a surprise.. That being said why would anyone wait until the last minute to put in. Regardless of the deadline everyone knows on the last day the system always crashes. I'm sure if the game and fish could find a solution to the problem they would have fixed it long before now. I have a solution... Go back to paper apps. I'm sure alot of people don't like that but it's true. We never had this problem until they started the online system. I really hope they don't extend it. Kinda reminds me of a kid... If you keep cleaning up after them why would they clean up... They are going to just keep making a mess because you keep cleaning it up. Just like if AZGF extend the deadline again then people will continue to wait until the last Minute to apply. Nothing will ever change. Just my opinion

Or, G&F could shut down the online draw a week before the real deadline, so when the server crashes, at least people have a week to get a paper app in, by mail or physical drop off.

And to Swingbow, please don't think I am bashing you. I know people have unforseen things happen that prevent you from applying until the last day. Things happen. G&F needs to come up with a plan for this.

When do I have to try and put in for my hunts so that I am not called a last minute a$$hole by the guys on here? 1 hour before deadline? 1 day before deadline? 1 week before deadline?

Because last year I tried putting in for a week prior to the deadline and couldn't get the site to work. I thought a week was plenty of time, but it was not. Thank God for the extension.

If you promise something to someone and then don't deliver you are a Liar and a Cheat. But we already knew that game and fish were liars and cheats.

When do I have to try and put in for my hunts so that I am not called a last minute a$$hole by the guys on here? 1 hour before deadline? 1 day before deadline? 1 week before deadline?

Because last year I tried putting in for a week prior to the deadline and couldn't get the site to work. I thought a week was plenty of time, but it was not. Thank God for the extension.

If you promise something to someone and then don't deliver you are a Liar and a Cheat. But we already knew that game and fish were liars and cheats.

I will clarify a few things. I'm sure I speak for a lot of guys on here. We are NOT calling you a "last minute a$$hole" BUT, this happens every year and some people don't seem to learn. Instead, they complain about it. There is a reason why the AZGFD put in quite an effort this year with emails, web posts, etc about putting in early. Instead of complaining, do yourself a favor, learn from your experiences and put in early. I agree the G&F could do a better job of handling the volume but hey, we are dealing with the government and the internet. Same thing happened when they launched Obummercare.

Also, some people claim they forgot and that strikes a nerve for some guys. Those of us that live to hunt, think about this all year long. There is NO WAY we will forget...ever. I know for me, I am like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

To answer your question about when to put in, I can't give you that answer but I put all of my family's apps in from Jan. 18th to the 23rd. I bought my licenses ahead of time and I had absolutely no problems. As a matter of fact, I have never had a problem.

Good luck to everybody in the draw and here's to hoping people actually learn from this and put in early next year.

• Like 1