Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Deadline EXTENDED

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Game and Fish Department is extending the draw application deadline for elk and pronghorn antelope hunts until 7 p.m. (MST) Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015, due to an unusual failure of four servers one hour before the Feb. 10 deadline.

The Department had undertaken extensive measures to meet high demand on the online system, more than doubling its capacity. The system was running smoothly until 6 p.m. on Feb. 10 when all four servers failed simultaneously -- an almost unheard of event. The Department is opening a forensic investigation of the event.

Because the server failures prevented some customers from accessing the system or completing their application, the Department has extended the deadline.

You can apply using the online service at https://az.gov/azgfd/draw/home.xhtml, or you can hand deliver a paper application to any of the seven Game and Fish office locations in Pinetop, Flagstaff, Kingman, Yuma, Tucson, Mesa or Phoenix.

Keep in mind that while Game and Fish office locations will be accepting draw applications until 7 p.m. on Feb. 11, front counter customer service for regular business transactions, including the sale of hunting and fishing licenses, will close at the regular time, 5 p.m.

Customer service representatives will be available by phone during regular business hours. Between 5-7 p.m. on Feb. 11, they will be available at this number: (623) 236-7424.

We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers.

sorry didn't see bonecollector post but love the highlighted parts - lol

Does this mean I can extend my elk tag an extra day past the season " due to an unusual failure "to tag out.

Seems like this is becoming the norm. Get in on time or you lose out. Rules are rules

• Like 8

"The system was running smoothly until 6 p.m. on Feb. 10 when all four servers failed simultaneously -- an almost unheard of event.The Department is opening a forensic investigation of the event."

I hope this investigation is better than the one for Macho B and Shawn Wagner...

• Like 3

I never wait until the last week to get in, but I know it is human nature to procrastinate. I don't think it is unreasonable for a person to be able to expect to go online at the last minute to put it. If they can't handle the volume, then I also think it is reasonable for them to extend the deadline like they did. However...we have been in the internet age for what something like 30 years, you would think someone down there would be able to figure all of this stuff out without system crashes every draw cycle.

Guest wdenike

I never wait until the last week to get in, but I know it is human nature to procrastinate. I don't think it is unreasonable for a person to be able to expect to go online at the last minute to put it. If they can't handle the volume, then I also think it is reasonable for them to extend the deadline like they did. However...we have been in the internet age for what something like 30 years, you would think someone down there would be able to figure all of this stuff out without system crashes every draw cycle.

Pretty novel concept ya got there!!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

This whole "it's your fault, don't wait until the last minute" argument is such BS. Just think of it this way... if you had a deer tag and it was the last day and you hadn't killed, you're going to hunt until it's dark. You're not going to quit because it's the last minute are you?

• Like 3

Guest wdenike

This whole "it's your fault, don't wait until the last minute" argument is such BS. Just think of it this way... if you had a deer tag and it was the last day and you hadn't killed, you're going to hunt until it's dark. You're not going to quit because it's the last minute are you?

CRICKETS!!!!!

Take care, Willie

Let's get real… Who didn't see this coming? I'm pretty sure every draw since they've gone to the online system has been extended. I was on here yesterday just waiting for the announcement. I don't see why they don't just add 2 days on from the start and save themselves the hassle.

Let's get real Who didn't see this coming? I'm pretty sure every draw since they've gone to the online system has been extended. I was on here yesterday just waiting for the announcement. I don't see why they don't just add 2 days on from the start and save themselves the hassle.

Because they would be extending it two MORE days after that because everyone that was too lazy to put in until last night would be putting in two days later and crashing it again.
  • Like 2