Sign in to follow this  
bwp22

Sportsmans Expo?

There is the sportsmans expo in Phoenix this weekend. Has anyone gone to these before? I was thinking of driving up from Tucson with my son but was wondering if it is worth it. Thanks!

I've gone a couple of times. My wife I enjoy checking out the displays from all the different sporting goods places, talking to the many outfitters, etc. I guess it all depends on your expectations.

I've gone a couple of times. My wife I enjoy checking out the displays from all the different sporting goods places, talking to the many outfitters, etc. I guess it all depends on your expectations.

Thanks. I was just looking at the website and it looks like they have some good vendors and displays. Looks like even some things for the kids. Best part is it will give me an excuse to go to Cabelas across the street!

• Like 1

Yeah, I've gone a few times, they are pretty good. I plan on going on Friday with one of my buddies.

Yeah i liked it. Lots of booths with quite a few outfits from africa. Lots of booths doing drawings and the seminars from what i saw were neat. i would plan to see a seminar are too. Nice to see at least once.

I've gone almost every year. It's a decent show. The first 2 years was the best!! This year will be nice, because the Taxidermy state championship will be there. Should have some awesome mounts. With a trip to Cabelas it would be worth the drive.

Adam

• Like 1

Not as good as in past years - to many of the vendors are crap booths - trying to sell insoles or back therapy stuff - sun glasses jewelry -glasses cleaning stuff- the little hokey junk stuff and not just one or 2 but lots of them all over the place - jerky guys the candy guys spice guys even cleaning supplies etc.

not nearly as many guide businesses selling hunt/ fishing trips as years past

occasionally you can find some cool stuff

making it a boat show too - I try to go but if I don't make it I ain't loosing any sleep over it

the seminars - the archery contest the stuff actually related to hunting is always cool

lots of the local and state organizations/ clubs - gold mining varmint hunter -clubs for deer - elk - etc

g&f auctions off a lot of confiscated - stuff antler - game heads

• Like 3

I have always enjoyed the seminars. I could listen to Steve Chappel call elk all day long.

My favorite part is watching the retriever's jump in the pool.

When we lived in Utah the boat show was our favorite date of the year. Call me a sap, but I am stoked.

• Like 2

Planning on heading over there Friday!

There is the sportsmans expo in Phoenix this weekend. Has anyone gone to these before? I was thinking of driving up from Tucson with my son but was wondering if it is worth it. Thanks!

I've been once and said I wouldn't go back unless I wanted to hunt out of state. Lots of vendors there offering out of state hunts. There are some neat things to see, but for me personally I wouldn't bother going back again. Like someone else said though it just depends on what you are looking for.

• Like 2

Personally I think this event use to be a lot better. It seems like it has really gone down hill in the last few years. I use to really enjoy all the seminars they had, but now they seem pretty lame. In years past they had the Gunwerks guys, Cameron Hanes, Mark Healey, Randy Ulmer, and several others I am sure I am forgetting. There also use to be a lot of good deals on new products, magazine subscriptions, and other hunting related gear. Last time I went there were more non hunting related booths than hunting related. It also doesn't help that it is the only weekend you can hunt Javalina on the general hunt.

• Like 1