joelpresmyk8

BIGGEST pig you've seen? (Pics)

looks like the pig my brother in law caught and released with his bare hands! ... LOL!

James

• Like 1

"Javelina come out of the field whole for most of us." ........ I, and everyone I have ever hunted with, gut all of our javelinas and other big game animals at the kill site. To each his own, I guess. Bill Quimby

For most big game, I could not agree more. The two pigs we took last year were close enough to the truck that they were brought out whole, and gutted at the truck. Much nicer when you have water on hand to help clean up at the site of field dressing.

Instead of water for "clean up," next time try using a carbonated soft drink. You'll be surprised how quickly it works. It instantly foams blood off your hands and from under your fingernails. 7-Up is best. Coca-Cola and Pepsi also work, but need to be rinsed with water to remove the stickiness.

BillQuimby

• Like 7

Biggest pig I've seen in the wild was about 300lbs. Biggest Javelina looked to be 40-50lbs, but I missed! I've seen herds of Javelina when deer hunting from tiny little guys to full size. Without reference of them side by side, it would be really tough to tell.

Cool Javi, I'm not really thinking size matters much on them. Smaller is easier to carry.

I think firstcoueswas80 or someone I. His group shot one like that on the HAM hunt in 36b this year.

Haven't seen any pics yet.

Instead of water for "clean up," next time try using a carbonated soft drink. You'll be surprised how quickly it works. It instantly foams blood off your hands and from under your fingernails. 7-Up is best. Coca-Cola and Pepsi also work, but need to be rinsed with water to remove the stickiness.

BillQuimby

I hope to give this a try this fall!!! Thanks for the tip.

I think firstcoueswas80 or someone I. His group shot one like that on the HAM hunt in 36b this year.

Haven't seen any pics yet.

Twas a small one. Was with another one the same size and I passed on killing it. I was rewarded though, and shot a real big boar opening morning on the rifle hunt.

Bill, Coke acola does wonders . in 1972 my first car was a 67 falcon with some rust on the bumper in Erie PA. I ask my dad what would take it off. He said a brillo pad and coke. Worked like a charm. Know what it does to our stomach?........BOB!

BillQuimby

I was waiting for you say beer as well Bill..Then the fight would be on...No way I would waste a cold beer on a stinky pig. lark

" was waiting for you say beer as well Bill..Then the fight would be on...No way I would waste a cold beer on a stinky pig. lark" .......Welcome back, Lark. We've missed your posts. I grew up with an alcoholic father, and I rarely drink anything stronger than a diet Coca-Cola. I've never tried using a beer to wash my hands, but I doubt that it would work as well as a carbonated soft drink does. The carbonation instantly "boils" blood off my hands, even out from under my fingernails. It even works on dried and crusted blood. Try it sometime.........Bill Quimby

The thought of having my hands that sticky freaks me out. A little pig blood never killed anyone. I've consumed raw javelina blood, just small enough amounts that when the photos are don't being taken and the work starts, pop a fresh dose of Copenhagen Long Cut in to calm thy self and get to work. Before the hiking starts again that medicine has to come out... I've done it with bears too. Never gotten sick. Just don't think about it.

Read my original post about washing your hands with a carbonated soft drink after gutting an animal. I said 7-Up is better than Coke or Pepsi because it does not leave your hands "sticky."

Bill Quimby

I bet peroxide would work good if it's just the bubbly action