Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Mean/Insane Tom Down!

Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast!

The dogs on the lion wouldn't happen to be Jed's dogs would they? I went up to Heber with a buddy of mine this past December to pick up some puppies he got from Jed from a classified ad that was posted here. In one of the pics you posted looks exactly like the pups dad. My Buddy has 3 pups/brothers and they are growing like weeds, great dogs!!!

Yep your pup came from one of those dogs in the pics. The dogs there were his and two of his brothers dogs. They are great dogs for sure. With some good training you will have an awesome dog in the future.

Those are amazing photos!

Makes me want another Lion .

But this time I would use a take down recurve instead of a bulky compound that caused me to do a back flip off my horse on the side of a mountain trail!

Wow, sounds like you guys had a blast!

The dogs on the lion wouldn't happen to be Jed's dogs would they? I went up to Heber with a buddy of mine this past December to pick up some puppies he got from Jed from a classified ad that was posted here. In one of the pics you posted looks exactly like the pups dad. My Buddy has 3 pups/brothers and they are growing like weeds, great dogs!!!

Yep your pup came from one of those dogs in the pics. The dogs there were his and two of his brothers dogs. They are great dogs for sure. With some good training you will have an awesome dog in the future.

Very cool! My Buddy is the one with the 3 pups. Great dogs!

Those dogs have more balls than I ever will, haha.

Yeah it was a tom, the guys with the dogs don't kill females so we had to confirm it was a Tom before shooting it. We were kind of confused because the head really wasn't all that big like most toms but the body was big. We eventually were able to see the brown spot that confirmed it was a tom. We didn't weigh it but judging off sizes of other cats we guessed around 130-135 pounds.

Thanks. I though it may have been bigger but I really don't have any field experience in judging their weight.

Help me out here: how do you 'confirm' that its a tom in the field? a reach around??

yep

Help me out here: how do you 'confirm' that its a tom in the field? a reach around??

It takes some real balls to confirm you have a tom while keeping the dogs in check and your blood pressure down.......literally.