wish2hunt

So here we go again waiting

I started waiting on feb 9th, when I clicked submit. lol. It's long but this period of time is the worst.

I set my bank account to send an alert email if there's any charge over a certain amount, and especially online. (ie, the draw charge). Then, when I get a new email, it chimes my phone in my pocket. The plan actually backfires right about now though. Every stupid email isn't the one ive been hoping for.

Uggggh. im going back to paper. jk

I set my Chase credit card up for text alerts on charges over $100. The texts come within seconds of the charges. It's kind of a two for one bonus deal. Not only can I get instant notification of AZGFD elk tags, but I am also notified of my wifes charges before she even leaves the store!

• Like 1

I bought my new hunting/fishing combo license, so my card was actually hit by AZ game and fish.

I bought my new hunting/fishing combo license, so my card was actually hit by AZ game and fish.

Where is the "Dislike" button? Figured you might be yanking everyone's chain since you were the one asking what seasons started next month.

I was joking about the impatience many are exhibiting when asking what seasons start next month. Even if the good people at AZ game and fish delay this another two weeks, everyone will have plenty of time to scout, put in for time off, etc. Listening to some of these guys talk about the draw, conspiracy, etc is about is painful as watching the Jerry Springer show. So, yes I was F#%^^ing with you all and making fun of you at the same time. But, seriously, my card was hit by AZ Game and fish when I bought my new hunting and fishing combo license yesterday.

I will be glad to know that I was once again not drawn for anything, but I know they are doing the best they can and we will find out soon enough.

• Like 3

Many moons ago we wouldn't find out draw results on elk until late July or early August. That really was awful and took a lot of the fun away from summer trips that we now enjoy. Anticipation and advance preparation has always been 50% of the fun of drawing an elk tag for me. We didn't have that privilege in the 1970's and early 1980's. After much complaining, AGFD finally listened, and I now really appreciate the newer system......even though it has its flaws each year!

• Like 3

I was joking about the impatience many are exhibiting when asking what seasons start next month. Even if the good people at AZ game and fish delay this another two weeks, everyone will have plenty of time to scout, put in for time off, etc. Listening to some of these guys talk about the draw, conspiracy, etc is about is painful as watching the Jerry Springer show. So, yes I was F#%^^ing with you all and making fun of you at the same time. But, seriously, my card was hit by AZ Game and fish when I bought my new hunting and fishing combo license yesterday.

I will be glad to know that I was once again not drawn for anything, but I know they are doing the best they can and we will find out soon enough.

the Jerry Springer show is painful to watch? man, whenever i think my own life is messed up i turn on Jerry and instantly feel better about myself! i think all the draw conspiracy hoopla being painful to watch would be better compared to any thread about "ethics" on this website

• Like 2

All this talk about credit cards being hit, made me go back and look at my Feb statement and realized they hit me 3x on 2/11 for the total application and license fees for our group entry. I saw the charges and thought Wow! we did get hit already.. Then looked a little closer at the date and totals, and realized something didn't add up..

I just called them and they are refunding me for two of the three charges. So this thread accomplished something, other than making us all anxious.... Put a few hundred dollars back in my pocket.. Well, that, and taught me I should look at the charges a little closer before paying the cc bill... :wacko:

• Like 2

I like how every year for as long as the Internet has been around people always say "talked with the GF lady and the inside scoop is this......" every time it's wrong!!! How about you all leave them alone and maybe it will speed up the process. Unless you have a legit issue like the extra charges calling doesn't give you any inside scoop...

• Like 3