standman

Card Hit

I have a pending $650.00 charge on my Cabelas Visa from AZ game and fish. Looks like my 17 NR points got me a early archery tag for 23N or 9. September can't come fast enough.

Saw you had a post from last year at this time and didn't get drawn. :( This year you did and congrats. :rolleyes: Are you in Utah? If so, why are you not hunting Elk there? I have heard that Utah has some great Elk hunting. Don't know what their system of draw is tho.

I have a pending $650.00 charge on my Cabelas Visa from AZ game and fish. Looks like my 17 NR points got me a early archery tag for 23N or 9. September can't come fast enough.

Saw you had a post from last year at this time and didn't get drawn. :( This year you did and congrats. :rolleyes: Are you in Utah? If so, why are you not hunting Elk there? I have heard that Utah has some great Elk hunting. Don't know what their system of draw is tho.
pretty sure Utah is as hard or harder than AZ to draw.

murphys69law,

I drew my Utah tag a few years ago and just came off my wait (last year). The archery hunts in Utah end in early September. My hunt ended 9/11. I now live in Vegas so unit 9 is not that far away. I am very excited for this fall. I now will just put in for points for the rest of the states (except sheep).

I hope everybody has a safe and happy hunting season.

John

Has anyone got a hit for cow elk, that put in for first and second choice?

I put in for cow on first and second choice. My card got hit on Friday and so did my husband who put in for archery bull. He this is his second year in a row getting archery bull and we are very thankful since my father passed away a couple days into his hunt last year.

• Like 4

Cabelas cards usually take a while to show up. Either me or my son drew an early bull tag and it just showed up this morning. I have had game and fish charges show up 5-6 days later. David

We put in for unit 9 cow early and late rifle for first and second choices. No hit yet, but have about a 50% chance of drawing. Still hoping for a cc hit!

I put in for cow on first and second choice. My card got hit on Friday and so did my husband who put in for archery bull. He this is his second year in a row getting archery bull and we are very thankful since my father passed away a couple days into his hunt last year.

Sorry for your loss. I hope you guys have a wonderful hunt this year and fill both tags.

• Like 2

We put in for unit 9 cow early and late rifle for first and second choices. No hit yet, but have about a 50% chance of drawing. Still hoping for a cc hit!

Well maybe we still have a chance and good luck on the draw!

Hit for antelope. Fingers still crossed for elk...

Hey Bradley, nice tag ! Sent you a PM. Heres the goat we took there. Netted 88"

post-10954-0-81122600-1427131264_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm going elk hunting! I'm so happy! Yippee yahoo!

huge congrats what unit?

It's in your name of course :) I put in for a variety of 6a hunts but #1 was early archery bull 6a and #2 was the mid October cow muzzle loader 6a (I WANT MEAT!!!). I don't own a muzzle loader, but it had high draw odds and I figured I'd deal with it if I got drawn. I'm guessing I got the muzzle loader cow hunt, but I will be super duper thrilled with my first choice :) :) :)

Either way, I know the unit well and I'm ready to fill my freezer!

Did I say I'm happy....so very happy? This will be my third 6a elk hunt and I'm more than ready to close the deal this time.

• Like 5

SWEET deal my father in law got drawn for the late hunt in either 6a or 6b.

Please PM me with any and all questions you might have and I like to get bloody, so I'd love to help.

• Like 2