standman

Card Hit

Said it before and will say it again, the truly FAIR way for the draw system is preference point system. I too have had tags back to back and 2 out of 3 and its not right. Did I go and enjoy myself? You bet, but its not right that I had a tag when guys had 10-12 or even more points. I like the concept because you could plan on having hunts every x amount of years. You would know if you would have a tag and could plan on the hunt. It would not hurt G&F revenue because you have to put in to gain the points. I really wish more people would be less greedy and would be willing to do the draw on a fair playing field. I feel like everyone should get the chance to hunt elk here in Az because as you know it is an incredible experience. Congrats to those who drew tags, especially those who have been waiting a long time for your tag!

That system works in Colorado because they have a ton of OTC units that you can hunt while waiting on your dream tag. Not so much here in AZ. I much prefer knowing I at least have a chance at drawing a tag every year.

There are OTC units in SW Colorado that AZ residents can hunt while waiting for their dream tag in AZ also. Not that much farther to drive than unit 9 or 10 or 1 either.

You can pick up leftover or easy to draw antelope tags an in WY that are less than a 2 hour drive from the Denver airport.

• Like 1

Lets see 2008, 2009, 20 10 or 11?? 2012, 2014, and now 2015... 3 of those were bull tags 1 early 1 late. think I harvested 3 and had opportunity all but 1x

Draw odds and statistics! Choose early bull in 9 and wellllll....... sorry can't remember all the tags before 2008. I am glad not everyone thinks lke me cuz that means at least every other year I hunt elk. gotta remember even with cow tag in hand you get to experience bulls and rutting action. :)

• Like 4

Desertbull a preference point system should work in As. There would be units that you could draw with 1-2 points. Then if you wanted a premium bull tag you would know that in 8-10,years, you could have that tag for sure. The way it is now you can have a bunch of points and still not know for sure you would have the tag. The common response is that "I want to at least have a chance of drawing my tag". This is exactly my point. So many people are not willing to level out the playing field. Those people that have terrible luck in the draw want to hunt just as bad as we do so why should they not get that chance? Please give me a reason other than our own greed that makes sense to keep our system the way it is.

• Like 1

LOL hard if you think that when you changed it people wouldn't complain about it still. some people would say it was better before, or some people would say theres still another better way.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

LMAO!!!!!! I think some need cheese with their WINE. Wine by the gallon, so they would spend more time passed out. Then we could just enjoy a fun time of year. Along with some of that golden silence.

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

Has anyone's cards got hit today

If it is like past years, I'm guessing about 90% - 95% of the charges have happened. There will be a few more next week, but it is mostly done.

I know guys that are in the max pool by several points and they have not been hit yet. I can't think it is anywhere near over yet.

I think the only true fair way to do it would be to just give me an early unit 9 archery bull tag every year. Just saying......

• Like 4

Congrats to all that have drawn!!! My card has not been hit, but I still have hope. If I don't draw oh well its sucks, but half the fun is the anticipation

of finding out. Life is to short to cry about it. Arizona system is fine either you get lucky or you don't at least you have a possibility to draw every year!! Have a backup plan if you don't get drawn or don't hunt at all. There are far worse things in life than waiting to draw an elk tag in Az. Just my 2 cents. Again good luck to all the lucky ones may your hunt be filled with awesome memories!!

• Like 6

That's kind of what I expected from some of you...can't have a decent conversation so you turn to making bogus comments. There has been no hint of whining from me. I simply put what I believe to be a good, fair idea to what in my opinion is a system that can be improved upon. But since you have no real input to defend your greed, you throw out nonsence. Please Willie, show me where you feel I have been whining? The way I see it, all I have done is present another option. Also, I guess congratulating those who have drawn tags is somehow whining in your world huh? I do like your idea of silence though, fell free to begin that immediately!

• Like 2

hey if I ain t pissn or whinnin or complain'n - I'd lose my image around here

so be glad I haven't said a word yet!

waitin for paper to find out this yr.

Guest wdenike

That's kind of what I expected from some of you...can't have a decent conversation so you turn to making bogus comments. There has been no hint of whining from me. I simply put what I believe to be a good, fair idea to what in my opinion is a system that can be improved upon. But since you have no real input to defend your greed, you throw out nonsence. Please Willie, show me where you feel I have been whining? The way I see it, all I have done is present another option. Also, I guess congratulating those who have drawn tags is somehow whining in your world huh? I do like your idea of silence though, fell free to begin that immediately!

I try hard never to point the finger at anyone. I simply sit back and glass! LMAO Seems to work well in the woods, and in life. So I guess if the weight on ones shoulders was so unbearable. There was a need to shuck it here on the wild internet. I guess I simply say if the shoe fits, just wear it with pride.

Take care, Willie

Mc68 I hope you don't think my comment was directed at you I am not directing it toward anyone. Just stating that their are far worse things going on in life! I would love to get an elk tag in Az, but if I don't oh well maybe next year. That is not going to stop me from hunting elk I will go to plan B. Being able to hunt anything & being outdoors is truly what it is all about!! Sorry if I offended anyone it surely wasn't meant that way.

They only way I would be ok with a mandatory waiting period would be if it was instituted for the very top premium hunts only, like hunts under 4% draw success for instance. You draw one of those tags for elk, you have to wait 5 to 8 years maybe before you are eligible to draw another top premium tag. You can still hunt early archery etc in most of the state in the mean time, just not the very top premium hunts. I don't hunt these units, so it wouldn't really affect me, just seems fair.

• Like 2

If you are willing to do a little research and crunch some numbers you can fill out your application in a way to maximize your odds. There are a lot of people that don't even know how to put their tag choices in the correct order and basically throw away their 2nd choices with ZERO chances of drawing it.

• Like 5

Why is it that when I try to update my payment info I am unable to select a species?? Its a mandatory field but I get no list of choices when I try to use it!!!!!!