standman

Card Hit

Well that's awesome since my card was just renewed. I'm spazzing... Nevermind. It oughta go through if I get drawn anyway; same card number, new expiration date. I hope.

I think if you did draw you'll get a call from the game and fish if there are issues with the card.

Thinking the same thing. I've heard of them doing that but I have yet to successfully draw so I don't know first hand. My wife however, drew a rifle tag so we'll get out there regardless. We'll get to christen my new 300 winmag on her hunt. Pretty awesome.

• Like 1

Actually the wait killed Me. I'M a basket case now. Gonna need somebody to help me hunt.......BOB!

• Like 2

Has anyone's cards got hit today

If it is like past years, I'm guessing about 90% - 95% of the charges have happened. There will be a few more next week, but it is mostly done.

I'm not sure about that.

Last year, once they started, hits were happening throughout the day and into the evening hours. My buddy's card got hit at almost 9pm last year. When I got hit for antelope several years ago, it was day two at 730pm.

So far this go around, there was a burst of charges in the morning, then it seemed to have slowed, then ended early afternoon.

Just seems different. I'm assuming Monday will bring more hits.

Or, I'm in denial and trying to convince myself otherwise to ease the pain! :)

Has anyone's cards got hit today

If it is like past years, I'm guessing about 90% - 95% of the charges have happened. There will be a few more next week, but it is mostly done.

I'm not sure about that.

Last year, once they started, hits were happening throughout the day and into the evening hours. My buddy's card got hit at almost 9pm last year. When I got hit for antelope several years ago, it was day two at 730pm.

So far this go around, there was a burst of charges in the morning, then it seemed to have slowed, then ended early afternoon.

Just seems different. I'm assuming Monday will bring more hits.

Or, I'm in denial and trying to convince myself otherwise to ease the pain! :)

Hope you are right, but I'm not optimistic. I've never drawn if it didn't come through with the first group of charges.

They can run all the charges in a single day if they choose to. In years prior to 2014, they had bounced cards to backfill after the initial draw. Starting in 2014 they call you for card problems (thank you amber) but still backfill for other rejection codes.

I got hit a few years ago for deer something like a week after the cards started getting hit. It was for my second choice and the tag number was for the middle of the range like 200 out of 350. It might be quicker now that the process is no longer new.

I thought there was an email they sent out saying when the deadline for updating was? Got one last year, nothing this.

This year the deadline date for changing your card info was printed in the regs. and was also listed on the draw website. Guess they figured that was a good enough reminder this year.

I totally agree. Been waiting for 18 years for a lope tag and have been putting in for units that are not the trophy units. Maybe after you draw an antelope tag you need to wait 5 years. ? Just a thought.

Took me 29 consecutive years to draw in AZ. Years ago when you drew you could not put in for 3 years. I agree with that but AZGFD will never go back to that. That is $13 times alot of hunters income lost and thats what it is about my friend...

• Like 2