standman

Card Hit

Congrats to your son SHREK but that pisses me off. There are a lot of people myself included that have been waiting 20+ years for a trophy antelope hunt and here are 10 year old kids with no points and people with 2 points or guys getting 3 trophy tags in 10 years. This is a flawed system. I know what people will say...put in for an easier draw unit if you want to hunt antelope. I spent 15 years applying for easier units. Once I built up so many points it only makes sense to wait on a trophy tag. heck at this rate it's the only trophy antelope tag I'll draw in my life. Other people will say.....just go to Wyoming......we shouldn't have to! There has to be a better way to structure the hunts so people get a fair shake. Life's not fair. Ya Ya I know. I know people that haven't built up bogus points want a chance at a tag too. G$F should figure out a plan to weight the tags in favor of the bogus points. Leave some tags from each hunt for the general population, but put more emphasis on the high bonus point people. Square the points to put more weight on them or something. Ok sorry rant over! Can you tell I haven't had any credit card hits yet?!? HAHAHA

I totally agree. Been waiting for 18 years for a lope tag and have been putting in for units that are not the trophy units. Maybe after you draw an antelope tag you need to wait 5 years. ? Just a thought.

• Like 2

Good to see several members on here that haven't drawn in awhile get some tags!!! Congrats to all so far, going to be a good year.

Has anyone's cards got hit today

I seem to remember the past few years they have not charged cc's on the weekends. I think it will resume Monday morning.

I hope that's the case I put in archery bull with 8pts but I would be more happy if my son got his first jr tag I can always go to colorado they like my money there lol

• Like 1

I hear ya. If I strike out again here in AZ and NM, Im already thinking of otc units in Colorado and Idaho. I cant go another year without chasing elk with the bow! Every year without a tag kills me a bit more inside........

If everybody that waited "x" number of years got a guaranteed tag, there wouldn't be any game left to hunt. You have a weighted advantage with Bonus Points, that's as good as it's going to get.

• Like 6

I think getting a bull tag back-to-back, or every other year..... is not right! Talk about messing up the ....."trying to equalize" concept. I've had back to back tags, I still think it needs to change.

Was Friday the first day for people getting hit on cards?

Has anyone's cards got hit today

If it is like past years, I'm guessing about 90% - 95% of the charges have happened. There will be a few more next week, but it is mostly done.

• Like 2

Said it before and will say it again, the truly FAIR way for the draw system is preference point system. I too have had tags back to back and 2 out of 3 and its not right. Did I go and enjoy myself? You bet, but its not right that I had a tag when guys had 10-12 or even more points. I like the concept because you could plan on having hunts every x amount of years. You would know if you would have a tag and could plan on the hunt. It would not hurt G&F revenue because you have to put in to gain the points. I really wish more people would be less greedy and would be willing to do the draw on a fair playing field. I feel like everyone should get the chance to hunt elk here in Az because as you know it is an incredible experience. Congrats to those who drew tags, especially those who have been waiting a long time for your tag!

• Like 1

If you were talking to me, I'm not "pissed off" thank you. I had a bull tag last year and had no expecatation of drawing a tag. I am just a guy who believes that there is a much better and FAIR way of working the draw system. What could you possibly say is ridiculous about that?!

• Like 1