PhxDT

Dealing with 100 days of heat

Seeing the 108 degrees projected today (and it isn't even June yet!), I was thinking about all the family things that can be done to deal with the heat. We recently bought POGO passes. https://www.pogopass.com/

You get passes to the zoo, Dbacks tickets, Rattlers tickets, ASU sports venues, Skateland, etc. There was some offer where my wife got them for $40 each. They last for a year.

Besides going scouting in your hunt unit, and hiking some areas up north, what have other people done to handle the heat??

• Like 1

I go fishing at Havasu to escape heat.😃LOL

I go night fishing and try to visit my friends in Northern CA, where it's only 90-95. Working in CO springs right now is making me miss the heat.

OK- all of you up north...don't rub it in! Yes, May hasn't been bad, but this month is usually followed by June, July and August.

It's actually finally starting to warm up nice in Eagar. It was still getting into the 30's last week. I welcome the 80 degree days! When it touches 90 I may have to fire up the window unit and enjoy watching baseball from Omaha..... Best two weeks of baseball to be watched all year.

• Like 2

I like to spend my summer days out in the sun bending conduit, cutting conduit, threading conduit, setting motors, working in ditches, and pulling wire. That kind of stuff.

Sorry, couldn't help it. My wife is a teacher, my daughter is going into high school and I'm just jealous listening to them plan their summer trips while I slave away in the awesome Tucson heat. Yesssssssssssssss.

• Like 3

I like to spend my summer days out in the sun bending conduit, cutting conduit, threading conduit, setting motors, working in ditches, and pulling wire. That kind of stuff.

Sorry, couldn't help it. My wife is a teacher, my daughter is going into high school and I'm just jealous listening to them plan their summer trips while I slave away in the awesome Tucson heat. Yesssssssssssssss.

But that's why you electricians make the big bucks. ;)

We spend the summer in Greer. When we want to warm up a bit, we turn on my truck's AC and hit the yard sales in Eagar and Springerville. :D

Bill Quimby

I don't live down there but I used to. If at all possible I try to plan my day's around the temps even up here in the mountains. I am an early riser so I am not opposed to some office work or even a nap in the middle of the day :) In the winter I do it the opposite way so I don't have to freeze, office work in the mornings and outside work between 10 and 4. I spend a lot of off day's in the summer enjoying my A/C in the house.