ruthunter

What units did you apply for?

i got drawn for desert bighorn sheep with 2 points in 1999

You never know! I too had only 2 bonus pts in 2003 and drew the 39E tag! Extremely lucky is an understatement...

In the early '80's, I went to the sheep clinic just to watch.... Sat next to a guy that won the Arivaipa (spell?) tag. He had 2 or less points... :wacko:

• Like 1

Points only . Will be up to 23,but couldn't afford a non res tag this year after 2 weeks off for my early bull rifle hunt. + I will have shoulder surgery again after Elk season.Good luck to all. Next year hope to be Resident again and increase my chances by .01% One more year I will be 60. Holy crap. I may never draw that tag ,unless I live as long as my Dad. 95 in 3 months. That might be what it takes...LOL........BOB!

Points only . Will be up to 23,but couldn't afford a non res tag this year after 2 weeks off for my early bull rifle hunt. + I will have shoulder surgery again after Elk season.Good luck to all. Next year hope to be Resident again and increase my chances by .01% One more year I will be 60. Holy crap. I may never draw that tag ,unless I live as long as my Dad. 95 in 3 months. That might be what it takes...LOL........BOB!

Your odds go up from 0 to single digits next year. With fewer than max as a NR, you aren't getting a tag.

• Like 1

Flatlander that is not true. I know of a guy that drew permit number one for a hunt last year as a non resident with 9 bonus points. He ended up killing a 163, with a bow!!!

Flatlander that is not true. I know of a guy that drew permit number one for a hunt last year as a non resident with 9 bonus points. He ended up killing a 163, with a bow!!!

That's true. Of the 10 non-resident tags available last year, not a single one went in the bonus pass. All of them were drawn in the 1/2 round, meaning no need for max points. In fact, non-residents without max points brew both a 44BN tag and a 27/28 rocky tag.

I thought I could draw, but Cost wise its almost 2k for the tag plus trip from N. Dakota. I will be getting surgery after my elk hunt too. Rather draw it when i'M healthy and a resident.............BOB!

I didn't put in this year. I have killed both rocky and desert.

Aren't we special?

im startin to get that knawing 30 plus year feelin again...if i don't hit I'm going to binge watch season 2 through 3of orange is the new black!