AZBUCKEYE

Time for a new tuck Diesel or Gas

I love my diesel. I love it I can haul a 12,000 lb trailer up hill on the beeline or the I-17 going 65 mph while the gas truck is going in the slow lane going 35 mph. But if this is all about the mighty $ then your better off with the gas.

I've done all my own oil changes (over 50) except for a few on a 2000 F250 7.3 and probably 90% of them was with Rotella T6 and a Motorcraft Filter with with tax is close to $100.00 since it takes 15qts and I but four one gallon jugs. Fuel Filters run about $35 and get changes every 15K.

I had this same decision last year after buying a 24' boat. I went with the 6.0L GMC 2500 gas engine truck. I only get 10 MPG when I am towing my boat but that happens less than 10 times a year. For my use/purpose, the advantages of the diesel truck did not justify the added expense.

• Like 1

310,000k on 04' F350 super duty. Banks 6 gun and exhaust,170 miles rd trip 5 days week up n down beeline. Only high press oil pump and injectors replaced over 11 yrs. Oh I forgot replaced all frt end spindles and ball joints/brakes myself.Change oil n all filters myself every 5k plus. And I still love building up the carbons and black smoking the heck out of someone with their window down jacking up traffic and or bicyclists abusing the 3 ft rule. FORD for life. Previous truck 77 F150 Custom 400cc C6, drove it14 yrs rebuilt it complete over time. I really miss that truck.

Oh and the wife wants a new F150

To be continued?

• Like 1

My wife wants an f150 next year. She's ford all the way. I'm not brand loyal, I did drive ford for the last 25 years but the work truck is now a ram.

These trucks are so sexy though.

More D

post-52-0-71370900-1434652491_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Absolutely! :)

TJ

My wife wants an f150 next year. She's ford all the way. I'm not brand loyal, I did drive ford for the last 25 years but the work truck is now a ram.

Got yourself there a good woman M-P- Hunter!!!