naturebob

This weekends rain?

How has it been ? hit and miss or a good soaking? from radar it looks kinda spread out. I just wanna make sure My Bull in unit ten is getting watered. Looks like it could of ruined some folks camping too.Thanks for the report in advance. I am watching it rain in N. Dakota too. Guess I will have to sit and have a beer or 8................BOB!

Guest akaspecials

We've been getting socked in heber. Luckily we're in a cabin. Not sure if they will even do fireworks tonight it's so wet.

Animals have to be loving this though!

A storm came into Eagar the other night and caused some ruckus. It was the worst storm I have ever seen in Arizona. Quarter sized hail for 20-30 minutes with severe downpour. Unit 1 and 27 have been getting hit well over the last week. Some places well over the last 1-2 months.

Sure would be nice to have a quail crop in the southern units this year from the spring rains. I miss a good day of quail hunting.

• Like 2

I'm also up near Heber, closer to Clay Springs. Over the past couple days we have had some pretty good rain throughout the afternoon with some really hard downpours throughout.

13 miles N of Clints Well we had 1.25" in about 1/2 hr. About 5PM this eve, looks like more on the way.

Ya ,on the radar it looked like the Gila was getting it earlier. This is great for everyone that has tags. Great for the Southwest period. Be nice to get a couple years like this back to back to back. Might see an animal implosion, but then tags would just go up in #'s. Thanks guys for the reports.............BOB!

The Albq. airport has nothing to report but at my house 30 miles south I have gotten an inch in the last 3 days. Every day they have flash flood warnings on the TV messing up what I am watching. The real tragedy was up at Philmont Scout camp, four scouts got washed away from a flash flood and one was a fatality, they rescued the other three.

That sucks. Seems like every year a group gets swept away By a Monsoon wash quickie.Bless the lost one. .....BOB!

That stinks about the scouts. About 10 years ago a guy who worked for our branch in Alb went up into the mountains there to visit some friends and never made it.

They found his body a couple of days later apparently he had tried to cross a swollen river and somehow got caught up in it.

Yesterday one of the hardest rains I have ever seen here in Snowflake in 20 years.....and another good follow up again today, just steady not the gulley washer we had Saturday.

Those hard rains can be deceiving.....we had water running through our tents one morning, bad tent location and you can never predict mother nature, prayers out for that bunch of scouts.

Just before Nutri between Eagar there was a river going across the highway! Looked like a lot of fire reminance as it was really black water! It's amazing to see the Bulls getting huge up there!!!

Munds park area got rain for most of the night on the 4th.

Not in elk country but for you desert deer hunters this is what my front yard looked like this morning. We got hammered last night with 2 1/2-3 inches in a very short time.

post-3211-0-07790600-1436204365_thumb.jpg

post-3211-0-65217300-1436204382_thumb.jpg