Sign in to follow this  
bgshooter

Pillowcase=Game bag

Here's a question to get my mind away from the results. My wife is looking for pillowcases at Goodwill and asked me if colored pillowcases are ok. I think it should be ok. But I always see white being used. What do you guys think?

I would stick with using white ones. White reflects heat.

I would look into the cheap cotton game bags you can get at any sporting goods store. I've heard lots of people use old pillow cases but in my opinion they're too small and too thick for use for game. Open knit will release heat more then the tight knit in a pillowcase. The second reason is I just don't like the idea of my deer meat being up against someone's nasty head grease. That's just me, I know you can bleach them and clean them well but for what you pay for them at goodwill you can just buy them at cabelas.

• Like 1

I have had really good luck using pillow cases. Some of my best ones are grey and tan in color. I like those ones because they are big enough to fit a whole elk quarter and strong enough to carry that weight without tearing. I don't ever leave them in the sun so I don't worry about color.

Pillow cases are great. Don't worry about them being used. Just wash them good and you won't have to be a sissy about who's head was on them.

Pillow cases are great. Don't worry about them being used. Just wash them good and you won't have to be a sissy about who's head was on them.

Murph is calling me names now. That is a bit hypocritical after your rant the other day. I've attached a link with the definition of that one since I know it's over 2 syllables.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocritical

Wow, lots of love being thrown around. You two need to get a room.

I prefer game bags, and if you get the better quality ones they can be washed and reused just like a pillowcase.

• Like 1

I found some blaze orange pillow cases and sheets at Walmart. I use the sheet to lay on the ground and put the meat on to keep clean while quartering and deboning.

• Like 2

Pretty sure color on a game bag is even less relevent than what kind of camo is best. 😃

• Like 3

I have used the cheapest white pillow cases you can find from target. Been doing this for the last 3 years. Has worked out great.

My meat packing pillow cases are from when our kids were little...we have 101 Dalmations, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. They all work equally well.

• Like 3

Although I don't use pillow cases (yet), I'm a believer in using a lot of meat bags. Less volume per bag allows the contents to cool much faster, better air circulation, etc.

• Like 1

I want my game bag to be the color of the next president.

• Like 2