rcdinaz

Unit 23 Bear "who is going?"

i'm sure with the crop of pears this year, it's safe to say that the 22/23 hunts will close after the first weekend because of people shooting the first 80lb sow they see. i wish G&F would make people wait a couple years to bear hunt again if they shoot a sow. probably wouldn't change much, but might make people look a little harder at all those cubs that get shot the first couple of days

• Like 5

I haven't seen as many Pears as much as I've seen Juniper Berry's and Oaks. I think it will be a oak, scrub and manzanitta berry year! Always some Bears in the pears, but I think last year was the huge 4 year pear year. I've been wrong many time before when it comes to Bear hunting though!!!!!!

Adam

i'm sure with the crop of pears this year, it's safe to say that the 22/23 hunts will close after the first weekend because of people shooting the first 80lb sow they see. i wish G&F would make people wait a couple years to bear hunt again if they shoot a sow. probably wouldn't change much, but might make people look a little harder at all those cubs that get shot the first couple of days

Think it will close after the FIRST weekend in 22?

No, I think it will stay open.

• Like 2

I actually like this idea. I am going this year but I shot a bear last year so my intent is to get my buddy or my dad a shot if we can find one. I would be fine if they said you have a 2 year break after shooting one. They are awesome critters and there is nothing like seeing one and giving fair chase.

The only problem I can see with the two year wait after shooting a sow is that some guys might just leave a sow lay after they discovered what it was.

But I wish more guys would be a little pickier when it comes to bears. I haven't shot one yet, but hope when the time comes I can stand by my words. Ive had the opportunity on two bears, one ended up having a cub that luckily my buddy saw and the other just gave me the slip.

I don't have a problem with waiting 2 years. Everyone needs to understand it's not that easy to determine if the Bear is a Sow.

• Like 1

It is hard to determine a 100lb sow and a 100lb boar, yes. Some people do shoot really big sows occasionally, i understand. It is not hard to tell an 80lb bear from a 200+lb bear though. I just get tired of people shooting bears you couldn't make a hat out of

• Like 2

Egg corn is the latest hybrid grow to sweep the nation. You guys need to do your homework..:)post-8438-0-54491600-1438652902.jpeg

you just gotta shuv the acorns in to start the growing process

• Like 3

It seems like years like this when we have had so much rain up north that it produces more food opportunities for the bears . Makes them a little harder to find going to be in 6a in the pears when it opens up good luck to every one

• Like 2

Yesterday the pears didn't look ripe in 6a yet, could be mistaken though.

If anyone is still in 23 on Monday and Tuesday let me know, I'll be solo those two days if anyone want to camp or anything together.

Anyone hunt the canyons in Parker creek unit 23s for bears? Was thinking of going there tomorrow?? Do you guys think that's a good spot to glass?