Basser15

AZGFD and Portal for Leftovers

I called 30 minutes ago, tried 4 different offices..... see below.....

Main Office- "We had 4000 applicants, nobody will have results until Friday"

Tucson Office- Transferred me back to the main office without even trying to look up results.

Mesa Office- "You were not drawn"

Pinetop Office- "We haven't got to your application yet"

I called 30 minutes ago, tried 4 different offices..... see below.....

Main Office- "We had 4000 applicants, nobody will have results until Friday"

Tucson Office- Transferred me back to the main office without even trying to look up results.

Mesa Office- "You were not drawn"

Pinetop Office- "We haven't got to your application yet"

and everyone thinks safford is bush league

It'd be good to know before Friday to be able to plan on driving to an office to get one Monday morning. But heck, what about those folks that sent in their apps for a leftover but their app never was opened before the tags come available over the counter? And there are tags available still for units they put in for as per their updated list? Interesting

New Mexico does it well with their youth encouragement hunts. A real time online process that shows the amount of tags available with an auto refresher every few seconds. With the game and fish getting the draw process down, I am hopeful they will implement something like this in the future. It'd save a lot of time for those folks in the office and allow everyone an opportunity to not play the guessing game with their mail being delivered on a specific day.

I really hope the AZG&F goes to online leftover process like wyoming or New Mexico. SO much easier and efficent..........

• Like 1

I had called the main office because I sent my left over tag application to the PO box and the lady said it would be checked on Monday 8/3. There seems to be a huge variety of answers depending on who you talk to, I guess ill just wait.

I called again to see and they said I got drawn. Mesa office.

I called and they said I got drawn. I guess they do look at the P.O. Box! Sweet!!!!!

• Like 4

I put my wife's in the normal envelope......forgot about the different address myself. Sheesh. You guys freaked me out. Called and she pulled the only choice I put her in for!!!!! Thank goodness. I'd a been in deep doodoo

Well I got through and I drew a tag I didn't even put in for... lmao. I wonder if they put the wrong # in... anyway got a 36a Nov 6-12..... use to hunt that unit for mule deer but never for coues... hopefully I'll find one to try the new 6.5 out on!!!!!

• Like 2

Well I got through and I drew a tag I didn't even put in for... lmao. I wonder if they put the wrong # in... anyway got a 36a Nov 6-12..... use to hunt that unit for mule deer but never for coues... hopefully I'll find one to try the new 6.5 out on!!!!!

Im with you, i want to try my new 6.5 out on a coues!

• Like 2

So, after getting 4 different answers from 4 different branches yesterday I tried again. Drew a 35A tag, never been there so I get to learn a new unit and try to avoid any pot packing illegals.

Anyone recommendations on a dual purpose self defense/Coues rifle?

I really hope the AZG&F goes to online leftover process like wyoming or New Mexico. SO much easier and efficent..........

That would be sweet. Have a shopping cart style store for left overs lol. First come first serve right ?!?!? It'll be like black Friday for us!!

• Like 1