Sign in to follow this  
Edge

What guns or bow would you want back?

Have had my share of pistols and long guns, but there are some I wish I hadn't parted with.

What guns or hunting equipment do you wish you could have back?

Mk II Ruger

.300 H H

Wesson .357 Max

• Like 1

I'm just a young buck but I have never and don't think I will ever part with a firearm. And I think they are all my favorite!

Cool thread.

• Like 3

Dan Wesson 1911.

Dang, I bet you do!

• Like 1

Several 686's, although every time I get one I love the look and feel. Then I go shoot it and it does not compare to my autos, whether that be the 1911's or my XD. Have had some with some VERY slick trigger/action jobs that I could never shoot as well as my XD or even Ruger, 100% bone stock 1911.

Traded off the one and only gun that was ever bought/given to me when I was in college to get my brother his first gun. A Savage 99e 308. I didnt care for the gun, but the fact that it was a birthday gift from my parents makes me regret selling it off, although it was for a good reason.

Also traded/sold off a 25-06 in college that I really really liked, don't even remember why or what for I traded it.

Bought/flipped a super nice, light Kampfeld Custom when I was saving for my wifes engagement ring. I doubled my money on it after shooting and drooling on it for a couple months. Wiush I had that one back as it was AWESOME!

• Like 1

22 single shot I gave to a friend 30 years ago for his 9 and 10 year old kids. My grandkids are approaching that age and wish I had it back.

• Like 1

When AZ passed the current ccw law, I wanted a carry weapon. Traded my .243 model 88 for a 9mm and cash with a good friend. Beat myself up for years over that trade, had inherited the Winchester.

Approached my buddy about that trade last year and he wanted the pistol back, it had belonged to his late brother

• Like 3

Traded a Savage model 24 22 over 410 for a Yamaha 125.

M1 Garand IH model for a 700 308 varminter. Still kicking myself over that one. Everything I have now is either a gift or my dream gun so they ain't going anywhere.

• Like 2

I've come close, but haven't yet ever sold one of my own firearms. I have two sons and a daughter that I hope to pass them all onto one day, because the way things are going with our government, I figure that may be the only way they ever have a chance to own one.

• Like 3

Traded a Savage model 24 22 over 410 for a Yamaha 125.

M1 Garand IH model for a 700 308 varminter. Still kicking myself over that one. Everything I have now is either a gift or my dream gun so they ain't going anywhere.

I already handed down to my son, his great grandfather's Savage .22 over 20 gauge. A lot of bunnies, quail and dove bit the dust with that old gun.
  • Like 1

So far it looks like you either sell guns or you dont.

Let me add to the list a stolen .44 Ruger

• Like 1

Burglars stole 35 rifles and shotguns from me a few years ago, but there were only six that I really miss:

Savage Model 99 .303 Savage. I bought this early 1900s lever gun at age 11 in 1947 with money I made selling copies of the Daily Sun on the streets in Yuma. It was my only rifle for ten years, and I shot a few deer, javelinas, turkeys, and coyotes with it.

.45 caliber Hawken-style half-stock muzzleloader with walnut stock. I built this rifle and the two muzzleloaders below using parts I either made or ordered from Dixie Gun Works in the late 1960s, early 1970s. The "noseplate" on this rifle originally was a pewter mug my wife has never missed. I carved a floral design behind and below the cheekpiece. There's a photo of me with this rifle and a small mule deer in my book, "60 Years A Hunter."

.50 Caliber Pennsylvania style flintlock muzzleloader. The full walnut stock on this rifle and the one above came from a tree a rancher friend and I cut on his ranch. This one has brass fittings and ornate carving. I wrote a magazine article about this rifle, and it appeared with a photo of me shooting it at night. The sparks from the frizzen and flame from the barrel were spectacular.

.50 Caliber Pennsylvania style flintlock/percussion muzzleloading rifle. Very long barrel, 30 inches I seem to remember. Full length curly maple stock, ornately carved behind cheekpiece and along the barrel, with brass fittings, including patchbox, that I made myself. Its interchangeable locks, percussion drum and removable flash hole allowed me to switch from flintlock to percussion quickly. I never finished this rifle, so its stock remains raw wood.

.270 Win. Ruger No. 1. This was from an edition of 50 rifles commemorating the Lander One Shot Antelope Club's 50th anniversary and the 100th anniversary of Wyoming statehood in 1990. I was the president of the club's Past Shooters Club that year. It still was in its original box (unfired) the last I saw it.

28 Gauge Browning Citori over/under in a Spanish-built wood and leather box. My wife is the only person to have fired this little gun, and she killed a pheasant on the rise with her first shot at the old Magma Shooting Preserve that used to be near Florence.

I apologize for going on and on, but perhaps someone may have seen one of these rifles.

Bill Qumby

• Like 5

I have not really had any great guns so far and have only sold a few but at one point I had 3 ar,s and sold them all planning on building one nice one. Yet to build a new one and I miss them.

Burglars stole 35 rifles and shotguns from me a few years ago, but there were only six that I really miss:

Savage Model 99 .303 Savage. I bought this early 1900s lever gun at age 11 in 1947 with money I made selling copies of the Daily Sun on the streets in Yuma. It was my only rifle for ten years, and I shot a few deer, javelinas, turkeys, and coyotes with it.

.45 caliber Hawken-style half-stock muzzleloader with walnut stock. I built this rifle and the two muzzleloaders below using parts I either made or ordered from Dixie Gun Works in the late 1960s, early 1970s. The "noseplate" on this rifle originally was a pewter mug my wife has never missed. I carved a floral design behind and below the cheekpiece. There's a photo of me with this rifle and a small mule deer in my book, "60 Years A Hunter."

.50 Caliber Pennsylvania style flintlock muzzleloader. The full walnut stock on this rifle and the one above came from a tree a rancher friend and I cut on his ranch. This one has brass fittings and ornate carving. I wrote a magazine article about this rifle, and it appeared with a photo of me shooting it at night. The sparks from the frizzen and flame from the barrel were spectacular.

.50 Caliber Pennsylvania style flintlock/percussion muzzleloading rifle. Very long barrel, 30 inches I seem to remember. Full length curly maple stock, ornately carved behind cheekpiece and along the barrel, with brass fittings, including patchbox, that I made myself. Its interchangeable locks, percussion drum and removable flash hole allowed me to switch from flintlock to percussion quickly. I never finished this rifle, so its stock remains raw wood.

.270 Win. Ruger No. 1. This was from an edition of 50 rifles commemorating the Lander One Shot Antelope Club's 50th anniversary and the 100th anniversary of Wyoming statehood in 1990. I was the president of the club's Past Shooters Club that year. It still was in its original box (unfired) the last I saw it.

28 Gauge Browning Citori over/under in a Spanish-built wood and leather box. My wife is the only person to have fired this little gun, and she killed a pheasant on the rise with her first shot at the old Magma Shooting Preserve that used to be near Florence.

I apologize for going on and on, but perhaps someone may have seen one of these rifles.

Bill Qumby

Sorry for the loss of these very personalized guns. Maybe you can put pics up? I've only had the one pistol stolen and it was heart breaking.

2007 PSE Diablo with hybrid cams. Far from the fastest arrow flinger on the market at the time, but it was a dang sweet shooting rig & dropped my first two deer with it, not to mention about eleventy billion rabbits (give or take a couple). I gave it to a buddy that was just getting into bowhunting, so I still get to see him from time to time.