Coues 'n' Sheep

Is this the Largest Commissioners Tag Coues Buck ever taken?

I can never understand why someone kills a MONSTER buck, bull, bear, ram whatever it turns into a pissing match. Add in a tag that was bought for thousands of dollars... Good grief. If I had that much money, I would buy every premium tag I possibly could!

Great buck and congrats to all involved.

Im really starting to believe that posting pics anymore is not worth the headache. There are some on here that can't help but find something to complain about. Its no wonder that most of the original long time members stopped or hardly post at all anymore. I like pics and stories as much as anyone but it's just not worth all the arguments any more. Its become old. Its best now to just keep them to your circle of friends and family like it used to be.

Brian

Brian- I agree, I've always shared pics and stories kind of like a blog or journal, but it is getting harder and harder to post without people complaining..

Don't let a couple kids ruin it for everyone else. As I rarely get to hunt these days, I've kind of taken to living vicariously through you guys and your adventures, so keep 'em coming!

Congrats to the shooter, that's the buck of a lifetime!

Im really starting to believe that posting pics anymore is not worth the headache. There are some on here that can't help but find something to complain about. Its no wonder that most of the original long time members stopped or hardly post at all anymore. I like pics and stories as much as anyone but it's just not worth all the arguments any more. Its become old. Its best now to just keep them to your circle of friends and family like it used to be.

Brian

Agreed, I have several friends who will no longer post pics and stories in here because of this. I'm on the fence about pics from my family's hunts this upcoming fall. Very sad.

I can never understand why someone kills a MONSTER buck, bull, bear, ram whatever it turns into a pissing match. Add in a tag that was bought for thousands of dollars... Good grief. If I had that much money, I would buy every premium tag I possibly could!

Great buck and congrats to all involved.

Brian

+1

What an awesome buck, and congrats to shane and the A3 team. Who cares what the score is, even the most demanding coues deer hunter score wise would have shot that buck with the gov tag. Really really impressive to say the least!!!! Just awesome!!!

Incredible buck! Congrats to Shane!

Here are some pictures of what the hunt meant to me. One of the best hunts of my life.

Day one, Pops and I cooked dinner for all and sat around a warm campfire and watched the kids. Raising a family in Alaska doesn't allow for boys to play with desert lizards/toads while they enjoy the company of their cousins.

post-890-0-14616000-1440217966_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-89537100-1440218047_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-82387100-1440218097_thumb.jpg

For the first time ever my boy was worn out!

post-890-0-87152800-1440218121_thumb.jpg

The next morning the winds were calm, setting was perfect, buck was spotted, stalked, and harvested. The quickest harvest of my life... But the longest hunt! This was no less that 14 years in the making. It was absolutely perfect. Thanks to my dad, brothers, nephews, and closets hunting buddies. It really was and will always be my dream come true.

post-890-0-39145800-1440219355_thumb.jpg

Walking up on this buck was just a tad bit emotional.

post-890-0-79923700-1440219495_thumb.jpg

It was special to see this smile.

post-890-0-11481700-1440219854_thumb.jpg

The night was spent cooking papas dutch oven green chili. It was spectacular.

post-890-0-22217500-1440220008_thumb.jpg

post-890-0-53331000-1440220071_thumb.jpg

And two dutch oven deserts to top it off.. A chocolate cherry cake and this fresh berry cobbler.

post-890-0-63611000-1440220190_thumb.jpg

We stayed up until late in the night remeniscing around the fire. The boys slept good that night and didn't awake until 9 am.. nice and dirty.

post-890-0-64148100-1440220286_thumb.jpg

More horny toads were caught and memories made.

post-890-0-90440000-1440220377_thumb.jpg

Until next time... The memories shall do. I hope every person that steps foot in the outdoors has an experience like this at least once in their life.... While some choose to spend their time, energy, talents, and money on their interests... I will go to the grave spending and giving all I have to making memories with those I love the most and the conservation of it.

post-890-0-60439200-1440220482_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Here are some pictures of what the hunt meant to me. One of the best hunts of my life.

Day one, Pops and I cooked dinner for all and sat around a warm campfire and watched the kids. Raising a family in Alaska doesn't allow for boys to play with desert lizards/toads while they enjoy the company of their cousins.

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9599.jpg

IMG_9608.jpg

For the first time ever my boy was worn out!

IMG_9609.jpg

The next morning the winds were calm, setting was perfect, buck was spotted, stalked, and harvested. The quickest harvest of my life... But the longest hunt! This was no less that 14 years in the making. It was absolutely perfect. Thanks to my dad, brothers, nephews, and closets hunting buddies. It really was and will always be my dream come true.

DSC_0243.JPG

Walking up on this buck was just a tad bit emotional.

DSC_0041.JPG

It was special to see this smile.

DSC_0207.JPG

The night was spent cooking papas dutch oven green chili. It was spectacular.

IMG_9664.jpg

IMG_9670.jpg

And two dutch oven deserts to top it off.. A chocolate cherry cake and this fresh berry cobbler.

IMG_9671.jpg

We stayed up until late in the night remeniscing around the fire. The boys slept good that night and didn't awake until 9 am.. nice and dirty.

IMG_9676.jpg

More horny toads were caught and memories made.

IMG_9678.jpg

Until next time... The memories shall do. I hope every person that steps foot in the outdoors has an experience like this at least once in their life.... While some choose to spend their time, energy, talents, and money on their interests... I will go to the grave spending and giving all I have to making memories with those I love the most and the conservation of it.

IMG_9691.jpg

Congrats Shane on an awesome well deserved buck, love all the family pix that's what it's all about. Hope you post pix of the finished mount.

Shane I was hoping you would post these pics. They truly capture the essence of the hunt.

• Like 2

Thank you for posting the pics! They are amazing and really do a great job of showing what a great hunt you had. Looks like a dream hunt !!!! Congratulations