trphyhntr

How much $$$ to find one?

Wow, see what $$$ signs bring out. The almighty dollar has ruined hunting. The animals in question are supposed to be public property. Why should anyone get paid for finding, killing, helping kill, etc, our animals. Now days one tagholder needs a whole army to kill our animals. Originally guides/outfitters were just along to provide equipment and camps. Now they provide our animals. The tagholder is not a hunter and albeit in some cases not even the shooter. Greed and avarice.

Well said. If this continues it will be all pay to play like Europe.

If you assist in any way and are compensated in any way, you need a Guides license in AZ.

In the past that has been correct, but I believe that has been changed,(very recently) the new wording says

"commensurate" which indicates compensation in proportion to market value. Last time I went in and talked with G&F they said this was changed to allow a buddy, helping a buddy with gas, maybe food etc...

Again just what I was told.

That may be so, but this post is not about giving your buddy gas money because he helped you scout or glass. This is about blatant commercialization of wild game. In which case, you need a guide license from what I understand.

i would venture to say that MANY of the top guides/outfitters were quietly excited about the SFW deal but opted to stay quiet about it as to not tarnish their reputation. Doyal Moss was a big supporter of the bill as well. Anyone know what outfit branched off of Mossback? hmmmm

• Like 1

If you assist in any way and are compensated in any way, you need a Guides license in AZ.

In the past that has been correct, but I believe that has been changed,(very recently) the new wording says

"commensurate" which indicates compensation in proportion to market value. Last time I went in and talked with G&F they said this was changed to allow a buddy, helping a buddy with gas, maybe food etc...

That may be so, but this post is not about giving your buddy gas money because he helped you scout or glass. This is about blatant commercialization of wild game. In which case, you need a guide license from what I understand.

You are correct, I was just responding to your statement exactly as you wrote it.

• Like 1

i heard from a very unreliable source, that doyle scum, i mean moss, excuse me, got divorced and most of his company was in his ex's name and she sold it or some deal and put him outta business? anybody verify that? even if it's a rumor, heck i don't care. Lark.

• Like 2

I'm ok with two tags for each animal available for the deep pocket guys to bid on. If they want to throw money at the tag, outfitters, finders fees, taxidermy on and on then good for them and good for the animals and those people that benefit financially from it. But let's keep it to two tags each. No system will make every single person happy. But the allocation of tags in this state is very fair, perfect? No, but fair.

I have been on all sides of this subject from broke but wanting tags to guide doing auction hunts. Now that I'm out of guiding and hunt for myself, family or friends I can honestly say that there is a common thread to every type of hunter..... Love of the chase..... Some kill for meat, some kill for trophy, some kill for both, some do it for money, some spend a fortune to do it but it's the love of the chase that causes all of us to hunt. There are guys that beat there chest when they kill a small critter and there are guys who never say a word when they kill a giant and every type of hunter in between. Neither are right and neither are wrong. It's just their way. Discussions with 2,3,4 side to the discussion will always exist but don't ever loose sight of the reason for the discussion..... The love of the sport of hunting.... Thanks for reading my little rant..

• Like 6

I'm ok with two tags for each animal available for the deep pocket guys to bid on. If they want to throw money at the tag, outfitters, finders fees, taxidermy on and on then good for them and good for the animals and those people that benefit financially from it. But let's keep it to two tags each. No system will make every single person happy. But the allocation of tags in this state is very fair, perfect? No, but fair.

I have been on all sides of this subject from broke but wanting tags to guide doing auction hunts. Now that I'm out of guiding and hunt for myself, family or friends I can honestly say that there is a common thread to every type of hunter..... Love of the chase..... Some kill for meat, some kill for trophy, some kill for both, some do it for money, some spend a fortune to do it but it's the love of the chase that causes all of us to hunt. There are guys that beat there chest when they kill a small critter and there are guys who never say a word when they kill a giant and every type of hunter in between. Neither are right and neither are wrong. It's just their way. Discussions with 2,3,4 side to the discussion will always exist but don't ever loose sight of the reason for the discussion..... The love of the sport of hunting.... Thanks for reading my little rant..

agreed....I have no problem with them selling a few tags, but I feel that for the rich to be able to go at anytime of the year, anywhere they want, is over the top. They want a 100% chance of drawing....fine...but you have to hunt during one of the seasons.
  • Like 1

If they were limited to hunting one week they wouldn't be willing to part with the big bucks for the hunt. G&F views these tags as a significant source of revenue and they want all they can get. I have absolutely no problem with the way this process works.

agreed....I have no problem with them selling a few tags, but I feel that for the rich to be able to go at anytime of the year, anywhere they want, is over the top. They want a 100% chance of drawing....fine...but you have to hunt during one of the seasons.

I hear what you are saying believe me I do cause I thought the same. But the time given for the tags is a huge part of why the tags go for so much money. Also, as a guy with average means I love the fact that for $25 I can win the raffle bull tag and get to do what the wealthy can buy. Someone has to win those tags and maybe that will be me!

• Like 1

I hear what you are saying believe me I do cause I thought the same. But the time given for the tags is a huge part of why the tags go for so much money. Also, as a guy with average means I love the fact that for $25 I can win the raffle bull tag and get to do what the wealthy can buy. Someone has to win those tags and maybe that will be me!

I understand that time=$. But id rather they auction off one tag for each hunt offered in the regs. More people would get to go and more money would probably be generated. But they would still have to go during the hunt# you tried for.

I hope this is the case. I seem to recall somebody getting the book thrown at them because a guy bought him and some buddies lunch after helping him out on a hunt. Anyone remember the details on that, or am I just making stuff up? :)

Nope. That guy had a guides license. I know him quite well lol

Did he also have his forest permit?

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

Eff that. Not one tag should be auctioned or raffled. Streamline the entire process and give every joe hunter identical odds. It's about money and it's sickening when the big dollars talk the department lends an ear. It's in the publics best interest to disburse the resources accross the board without the frills Money grabs and deep pockets. Guides and outfitters will be screaming it' brings money it's good for blah blah blah. Let the deep pockets hunt Africa where the communities rely on such revenue