catfish

Monster unit 8 buck!

Pretty classless picture, not just the baby deer, but the arrow through the throat

• Like 1

Well,.... there's numerous angles this could go for discussions sake.

First, "bigger is cooler" so with a misleading thread topic, you're bound to rile up a few unpleasant responses. I too clicked on it, simply because of the headline. I've got a any antlered hunt to come up so its exciting to see success. And I've spent plenty of time in 8... at times I thought there wasnt a wild animal left in that unit outside of bearizona (at least when I have a tag in my hand), so I opened it to see something from unit 8 to prove me wrong.

2nd... the general populous of this group would have been more excited and supportive to see "buddy's first buck" then being "hooked"... but then again, youre screen name is "Catfish", ha ha... get it?

3rd...It is a little buck, some people here may have their own thing to say about that. But looks like he got a lucky shot, and still gets to hang a tag on his first hunt. I cant say I ever got to do that. Good for him. Next time, think bigger and either aim for the vitals or practice in the off season to control the "swing and sway" to stay on target.

Congrats on his first buck. Dead is dead whether it's a 5 year old or a yearling. The high horse is what keeps seperating us hunters. If it's not your thing to shoot that small a buck, don't. The smile on that kids face is what it's all about.

• Like 13

Congrats to your buddy, meet in the freezer! Not every shot is going to be a perfect shot. No meat ruined either.

• Like 4