MT_Sourdough

rut timing

Still slow in 22. Will no more tonight when I go chasing carp after must of you go home, sorry just saying my hunting for the last week start tonight.

Still think we are looking at the last week of Sept for the Rut to really start kicking into gear most places.... and that is if night temps keep cooling and no Heat Waves come pushing through...

• Like 1

Anyone seeing any rut activity in units 4 or 3C? Im dying to check my cams but cant make it up for a few more days. The weather is suppose to get colder all this week then right back up to high 70s.

Nothing in 4b as usual but 3c has been going well. Lots of bugles in the morning.
Not familiar with 4b...is it typically slow to start or later than other units?

The only thing I hear up here in Minot ,N.Dakota Is the old lady bittcchen that I'M leaving for 2 weeks to go to AZ. for a rifle Elk hunt. One and a half weeks till I leave is gonna seem like a year..................BOB!

The only thing I hear up here in Minot ,N.Dakota Is the old lady bittcchen that I'M leaving for 2 weeks to go to AZ. for a rifle Elk hunt. One and a half weeks till I leave is gonna seem like a year..................BOB!

bitchen prior to the hunt is ok, bitchen during the hunt is no bueno. Good luck time is short.

I spent the weekend in 1. There were a fair amount of bugles, but not many other rutting activities. Herds of cows were run by small 6 pt bulls and included smaller bulls right in with the cows. The big boys are still solitary and quiet.

• Like 3

I spent the weekend in 1. There were a fair amount of bugles, but not many other rutting activities. Herds of cows were run by small 6 pt bulls and included smaller bulls right in with the cows. The big boys are still solitary and quiet.

The big guys are smart ... eating and saving their energy ... let the smaller guys wrangle up the cows and then as they get ready to ripen swoop in and chase the others off.... should be interesting to see how well the early rifle guys do versus the upcoming archery.

• Like 2