Bowmadness

Anyone need help or a tag alon unit 4a?

I like to go and listen, bugle from a distance. I don't call me in close unless I am hunting but I like to rip on the bugle and see what answers. Especially if it's in glass able country. Watching elk rut through a spotter is awesome and won't interfere with a thing.

• Like 2

I will be up with my boys the first week in October to call some in. They heard 2 bugles on Sunday and they are excited as heck to get back up. Be a good fall break trip.

I will be up with my boys the first week in October to call some in. They heard 2 bugles on Sunday and they are excited as heck to get back up. Be a good fall break trip.

The schools just need to coordinate fall break with an actual hunt. Just a wish.

• Like 1

The schools just need to coordinate fall break with an actual hunt. Just a wish.

I think azgfd has tried this. Lots of the jr tags overlap GPS fall break.

Seems to me that if you wait for a bull tag to try closing ranks with an elk you're only ever going to do it a handful of times in your life. One guy trying to film elk isnt going to mess up anything for anybody. Heck, 90% of the people with tags cant even find the time to scout, so they definetely have no right to cry foul over a wildlife photographer ruining a hunt they didnt bother to prepare for. You'll see them in another week or two when the 'help with unit such and such' threads start.

If you can find someone to hunt with, great. If not, go and have fun on your own. Enjoy the public land that you pay for with every dollar you earn and that you're entitled to.

Anyone without a tags screws up My Elk hunt by just wanting to play in the woods with non respect for the hunters, after waiting 19 years ,they will be living on another planet........BOB!

Anyone without a tags screws up My Elk hunt by just wanting to play in the woods with non respect for the hunters, after waiting 19 years ,they will be living on another planet........BOB!

"Non resident"

• Like 4

I get a kick out of watching hunters arrive at their tree stand first thing in the morning. When they arrive...... I give a bull bugle and then time them looking thru my binos how long it takes to get into the stand. It is hilarious to watch. Arms and equipment flailing. Looks like it sometimes draws blood. Never had the guts to meet the chaps and ask them if they saw the bull !!!

• Like 1

I never go a year without playing in the woods during the Elk rut. It's crazy to think others shouldn't spend time in the field because you have a tag. I enjoy taking my wife and kids out to experience the excitement of the bulls screaming and fighting. So its OK for one guy to have a tag and 10 of his buddies go along to "scout" during the hunt?! That's what I see nowadays. I have had far more hunters screw me up during the hunt, than people out watching the action. When I go out, I always am concious of other people in the area. If I see someone is hunting there, I move somewhere else. I'm not out there to mess up someone's hunt, I'm there to witness one of the most exciting things in nature. Good luck to the hunters!

• Like 7

(A little nicer) oh I hope to see you out there. I will make a special trip. Good night Bob.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, but with spring hunts running from jan-may, fire restrictions and forest closures june & july, and hunts again from august through dec..... when exactly is it that nonhunters can use the forest/public land without being inconsiderate jerks that are ruining peoples hunts?

Sorry, I know logic isnt welcome on internet forums, but that attitude just kills me. 'I have a $120 tag, so now the 2,000,000 acres of public land in this state is off limits to everyone else who doesnt have a tag!'

• Like 6

The "stay at home unless you uave a tag" attitude is ridiculous. From now until jan 31 there are hunts going on dang near every day in a LOT of units. If you want to go call in elk for practice, by all means do it. How are people supposed to master something they do for a week or two every 10 years? Not everyone is a guide or goes on rut hunts every year. There are things far more detrimental to a hunt than a couple guys out there calling in bulls when they don't have a tag. Unbelievable.

• Like 6

yup, joint use. us poor hunters have to share "our" land with anglers, bike riders, campers, birdwatchers, sight seers, atv'ers, cowboys, loggers, woodcutters, the forest circus, etc, etc, etc. in Az we have a real blessing in the amount of public land we have, and it's there for us all to use. i got screwed up a little on a spring turkey hunt by bird watchers once. i mean a van full o' real life nerds with bird books, binos, bird calls, goofy pants and hats. kinda ticked me off but before it was over i was kinda intrigued by bird watchin', i was more interested in watchin' a tommygobbler and then blastin' him, but after bein' around these folks for a few minutes and realizing how interested they were in their hobby, i came away with a little more respect for them. they had no problem with me blastin' a turk either. wanted to see one up close if i shot one. when i get the opportunity, i like to hear elk whistle. if i'm afraid o' bustin' a hunter, i'll walk away. main thing is to don't be stupid. as i get older i find more enjoyment in just watching animals. as hunters and anglers, we pay the bulk of the cash needed to support the wildlife that everyone enjoys. but it doesn't give us more right. those other folks can all vote too. remember that. if you wanna listen to elk, have at it, just keep in mind that there may be folks wanting to shoot the same elk. Lark.

• Like 9