Sign in to follow this  
Richie

New member to coueswhitetail

Hello everyone. It's been many years coming on here (creeping In the background) and decided it was time to sign up and join the "club". Hunting has been a interest of mine since I was little but never had anyone to show me the ropes and learn. Fast forward at 27 move to Arizona I was lucky enough to have close family friends, who have hunted here for longer than I have been around, take me under there wings and provide me with tons of priceless information and experiences I could never never get in the 5 years of hunting. Through them I meet a coueswhitetail member who I have learned a lot from and lead Me here which has again been priceless so I thank everyone. Hopefully in the future I can provide knowledge and insight to the forums. Rich

First coues 10/12

First elk 11/14

post-13372-0-22381300-1441414613_thumb.jpg

post-13372-0-36638000-1441416100_thumb.jpg

post-13372-0-83604600-1441416406_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks everyone. PRDATR, I'm sure it wasn't your first elk so you probably didn't have it mounted. Being my first I wanted to and have been debating on fixing broken side or not. Clay from mogollon called me last week and asked what I wanted to do and think I'm going to have him leave it as is......

• Like 1

Whether you are having a shoulder mount for the elk or having a European mount don't have the horns repaired. I personally like the character of the old warrior with broken tines. I have a European mount wide/tall 5x5 with some broken tines/points and it looks great on the wall. Also your Coues has great character.

Well done and welcome.